chapter 5

xx

xx

Elena:

Elena jolted awake her body tensing as she realized she was in an unfamiliar place. Looking around and remembering last night she realized she was at the Garrison, she must have fallen asleep much longer than intended based on the faint light peaking through the windows. Elena looked over to see Tommy still passed out in his chair, looking much more innocent in his sleep than he ever could awake. Based on the light, Harry would be coming soon to open up and it would be best they leave to avoid questions.

Elena stood up straightening her dress before going over to Tommy to shake his shoulder, "Come on Tommy, I know you're probably hungover or maybe still drunk but it's morning". Elena said watching as his eyes opened slowly and a small smile appeared on his face as he met her eyes.

"Good morning El" Tommy gruffed. Thomas Shelby has an incredibly attractive morning voice and she didn't miss the new nickname she had been awarded.

"I have to leave and get myself sorted before my shift tonight but you should get out of here soon unless you want to answer to Harry," Elena said grabbing her things and heading to the door. She really did hate to leave Tommy but she needed to get dressed and put together for her shift.

"When will I see you again?" Tommy said stretching as he started to gather his things.

"I'm here nearly every night love, you couldn't miss me if you tried," Elena said leaving with a wink.

xx

Elena was absolutely exhausted. Apparently, four hours of sleep in a chair was not enough to sustain a person for working a full shift. She felt herself dozing off as another lady sang on the counter, it was starting to feel like the bloody circus.

"Elena!" She heard Arthur calling her name from the private rooms the Shelby brothers had taken residency of.

Elena grabbed the whisky bottle and three glasses knowing it was probably alcohol they wanted.

"You read my mind love," Arthur said smiling as she walked in. Arthur may be the roughest of them on the outside but she was beginning to see that he was the biggest sweetheart.

"Men are easy, they either want alcohol or women and since I'm not willing to throw myself on the table figured I'd at least offer something" she quipped back.

"I'm sure Tommy wouldn't mind you on the table. You know what dad used to say fast women and slow horses will ruin your life" John laughed and slapped his brother on the shoulder. Elena's eyes met Tommy as she felt her cheeks burn. Tommy was laughing along with his brothers and despite her embarrassment, she was happy to see him in better spirits.

"Have some manners boys or I'll send Harry in to be your barmaid and I bet none of you would want to see him on the table" Elena said shutting the door and returning to her post at the bar.