𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 69: Naihe Bridge

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

The air seemed heavy if one were to stumble upon the scene by the bridge. A deity, a python demon's soul, and a simian gathered by the gazebo in a connected purpose. Meng Po weaves her fingers, pulling out the delicate soul trapped within the weapon. The light transcends from the glowing blade, illuminating in a bright white with rays of red, contrary to the recent soul of the demon which had dark, velvety red at its core.

Monkey King numbed as he stared at her, her hair in its usual whitish-blonde with its black contrasting tufts at front, how she dresses when he first met her has been the permanent image of her current form. It's Lian Xiu, the first Lian Xiu.

She looks at her arms in curiosity, moving them at her own will. Then one look towards the woman who could pass as a deity, then to the one beside her who's obviously a demon, and then to the other... and that last person she recognizes as Sun Wukong.

She's alive. Technically she's still alive in the mortal realm, but he couldn't help himself. Tears appear on his eyes, extending his arms as he lunged towards her. The physical contact he longed in this moment was abruptly taken away from him as the simian passes through, almost tumbling to the edge of the cliff. Even Meng Po was shocked that she stood from her seat.

The mirage of her soul was merely for easier interactions, much like Chimangjing on the corner. The realization hits him, reminding him of where he currently is and what he is in this world. His hands balled to fists, feeling like such a fool.

Xiu walked towards him, passing a hand to the side of his head and waves it in front of his shadowed gaze, "Hey, stupid ape," her voice is like a choir, a compressed whisper of all Xiu's combined. He looks up with desperate eyes, she understood his anguish more than anything, "Can you forgive this foolish girlfriend of yours for saving everyone?"

The simian swallowed the lump on his throat, standing properly to face her. If they're not in hell— or purgatory for less exaggeration—, Wukong would've viewed her as an angel. Or even better, the most beautiful celestial maiden he'd adore. "You're not foolish. You just... did what you have to do."

She smiles, the brightest one he sees after the storm that had happened in his life. Xiu cups his cheeks, similar to when they've interacted when he was possessed, void of the warmth that a living would emit to another. "... I'm sorry... I'm sorry to put you up to this— or to me in particular." A sigh escapes her lips, "I bring you nothing but pain. I can't even stand myself just thinking of it—"

"Hey, hey," he chuckles, hovering his hand through the ones she had over his cheeks, "It's over now. You're going to be fine, Xiu. I-I successfully removed your curse—"

"Ehem."

The two turns towards the deity as she raises her brows at him. "With the help of Meng Po, of course," he continues.

"The curse... " Xiu looks towards the third individual, prominent red scales adorning her features with a slit for eyes that reminds her of a snake. "Chimangjing."

"Good to see ya, demon huntress," she slithers, "Glad you could remember lil' old me."

"That was you back then, wasn't it?" she asks, "When I was killed by the centipede demon, you've told me that it was a perfect scenario— seeing the Great Sage cry pathetically for a helpless mortal."