𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 42: Demon City

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

The gang sat inside the largest, expensive restaurant in the city and was immediately entertained by means of food, drinks, and dancers. At the end of the table was Monkey King, a smile plastered on his face as he chewed the fruit that all female demon attendants are feeding to him. And at the other end of the table— far away from the guest of honor— were the rest of them, who simply enjoyed the batch of buffet in silence.

They couldn't speak for two different reasons, one being the heavy aura emitted by the white haired woman whilst holding the spoon so tightly that it would almost snap in two. Every now and then, someone from the staff would replace the utensil in her hand, only for it to bend again in less than seven minutes. Second was simply because the food here is good, even Pigsy is impressed.

They were cordially invited by the one who runs the establishment, a two headed cobra demon who claims to have met the simian in his travels before. Less to say that she's the mayor of this city as well, and has introduced herself to them— reluctantly— as Shuang She. Yes, she's just one individual that has two heads with one brain function.

"I was surprised when I heard you've stepped foot in the city. I never thought I'd ever see you again. The last we've heard of you was from 500 years ago," she batted her eyes at him. The other head leans against his shoulder, "Any... recent adventures you can tell us, Wukong?"

Xiu closes her eyes and takes a chunk off the lobster on the middle of the table. Tang was about to take the half of the tail, but she was too deep into her own thoughts to care about the others for a moment. It was all Sun Wukong this Sun Wukong that ever since they made themselves noticeable down the street. She wouldn't have minded all the attention, but these entertainers wouldn't even give them a second glance as they're all too fixated on the immortal by their boss's side. Other than that, the two headed demon is getting a little too close for comfort right now, taking his hand in hers as she continued talking to him.

"T-Their har gow is pretty great, huh? You should try them too, Xiu!" MK offers a steaming har gow on her plate, retreating back to his seat awkwardly as she immediately started chewing on it with no regards to the heat. The lot had thought that she was just upset that they're being delayed on their quest for supplies. Other than Sandy whom had heard her admit her interest to Monkey King, they're completely oblivious to the green that's sprouting within her mind at the sight that can only be described as jealousy.

"Maybe taking a walk around wouldn't be too bad," Pigsy stated, glancing towards the end of the table where Monkey King was currently pampered, "He's too occupied right now, might as well get what we're here for until he finishes with her."

"Yeah... great idea, Pigsy," Mei tries to bring back their enthusiasm, "Plus, we really need a proper bath right about now." Right at this moment, the tense atmosphere seemed to have calmed even a little, Xiu withdraws from her dissatisfaction at the idea of finally soaking her crusty skin in water.

Bathhouses are pretty common in every civilization, it's a perfect go-to for travelers after a long journey. Obviously, separated into two for males and females. Pigsy filled a bucket with warm water and poured it over his head to wash the shampoo off of him. He sighs in relief and turns to Tang who was seated by his right, but the man is nowhere near anymore.

"The wall's pretty thin over here, you can clearly hear everything they're talking about."

Behind him at the right side of the shower stations, a demon led the man towards the wall that separated them from the woman's side of the bath. Despite the reputation it had for having thick walls to keep peeving perverts away, it seems that some take pleasure even in a form of eavesdropping. With all the giggling and topics that girls would only tell with girls when they're away from boys, surely none would pass an opportunity to know some complicated things that'll help them form a relationship.