𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 43: Snake

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

Xiu spent the night on the roof of the T.E.A. van, looking through the telescope that barely reached the stars. She couldn't sleep. In fact, she shouldn't even sleep. She's been getting weird vibes from them ever since she came to remember everything. And since Wukong taped her on the bed that one fateful night she was drinking, the woman can only assume that she's begun her nightly somnambulism and found a knife somewhere in the cabinets to try and kill one of them. He must've asked them not to mention anything about it. And since he's not here to keep her in check, it'd be better to stay up for a while.

As the night gets colder, Xiu felt a shiver run down her spine. The hanfu she has now is thin compared to what she should be wearing, but she's too lazy to get down from her spot that overlooked the city below.

"Oh, there you are," MK climbs up the hatch and sits beside her. "Any chance we could do some training tomorrow?"

"Shouldn't you be asking that to your mentor?" she raises a brow at him.

"I don't want to always depend on Monkey King for these kind of things. Besides, you can teach me the cool stuff! I know you're no Monkey King, but you're Lian Xiu! The greatest demon huntress ever known in existence! Wielding Chimangjing's blades like it's an extension of your arms, defeating armies, earning the title of A Thousand Slayer!"

"Woah, slow down with the compliments," Xiu giggles, hiding her flushed face, "It's great that you're looking up to me like that, but one would assume that you need something from me if you keep on with the flattery."

"It's nothing really. Besides, it's the truth."

The woman smiles and ruffles his head. The act reminded him of Monkey King, how he always does that most of the time as well. He wouldn't wanna think of him as a second dad— the first being Pigsy, obviously—, but if he had a mom, he would've wanted her to be as amazing as Xiu.

"Alright, you win. I'll pound some training into you until you memorize it."

"You mean it?!"

"When have I ever joked about it?" she chuckles. "Better prepare yourself, the ones we did before will be nothing compared to what we're gonna do this time."

Afternoon came by quickly, the duo never even realized it once they've started training at dawn. All exercises must be done ten fold before any practical skills, and thankfully, MK could keep up with the demands.

"You're doing great, kiddo! Only one minute to go!" she cheers him on while doing the same squat with him.

His knees are shaking, and sweat drips down from his head down to his chest, yet he still goes on as her praise became a motivation for him to continue doing his best.

Pigsy hummed a tune while adding some salt and pepper to his dish, his fire dancing as the wok twists to the side and back while the chef mixes up the rice. Sandy sat nearby since he's the assigned taste tester for the day. He gives him a small portion, and the big blue chewed it slowly, savoring the flavor. "Well?" he asks cross-armed.

Sandy opens his eyes, the delectable flavor instantly making his tastebuds dance in his mouth in pleasure, "This is excellent! The combination compliments each ingredient. This food is made with a high amount of love!"