𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 58: Splitting Souls

10,000 READ MILESTONE😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 I'm seriously tearing up. I know this book hasn't been very eventful, and I know you guys must be expecting more closure and sweet moments with our monkey, but thank you for having the patience to read this.

I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

Redson gripped the mo dao as he eyed the girl whom he guided into meditation. He couldn't believe it, his parents succumbing to the Lady Bone Demon's powers, Xiu losing control of herself amidst rescuing the annoying peasant from the Samadhi, and now the only hope of the mortal realm is in his grasp, sitting idly under the shade of the roof of what once was his private training grounds. Everything is going grim from here on out, and he can't help but feel restless at the thought that everyone— even himself— might not be safe anymore.

"Uncle..." after the events, Mei claims she's been sucked in a black hole, probably at this other simian named Macaque's fault. She must have some sort of plan, just as she seemed to have when she told him about going here for safety. Redson looks up to her and would hope that she'd come crashing down to fight alongside the last stand, he wouldn't admit it with his pride, but the boy knew he's incapable of such heroic feats. Mei, Xiu, and the other Monkey Kids who might be the last ones left are more suitable for the job.

His hair turns fiery red in his own fire as he threw multiple 7th century spears up the air, kicking them one by one towards the dragon horse girl for his own method of training.

Macaque flinches, his ears twitching at the slightest of sounds that every living being made. His attention span covers almost everything in this world if he focuses on it, but right now, the black furred simian has his ears divided for the familiar voices up from the light and to the other presence in his shadow domain. His eyes opens, looking at the glaring slit eyed woman. He's never good at seals, but it looks like this one works as long as the blades are an inch farther from the reach of her fingertips.

"Having fun, sweetheart?," she hisses at him.

"You know that pet name isn't meant for you," he calmly stated.

The first thing he needed to clarify was the existence of the one possessing her in her unconscious state. Subdue it, overpower it, if that's even possible. The fragment of Chimangjing's soul gain consciousness on the last three lifetimes she held the weapon, gaining enough power for her to do as she pleased at the will of her own. But then again, maybe that was the sole purpose of bargaining with the woman's ancestors in the first place.

"You're all wasting your time," she laughs, "The longer you keep me here, the shorter her time becomes. I'm sure you can feel it, oh warrior of the shadows. Your power is being sucked away just by being close to her. You think I'd make an exception of you just because of that sweet savory power of the Samadhi Fire."

"Xiu, try to speak in turn."

"You're still on about that?" Chimangjing chuckles, "She's getting wea—I try. I just feel like I'm numbed..." Xiu returns like she just woke up from a nap.

Macaque nodded, smiling at the quick improvement to their pace, "Good. Keep at it and you'll get used to the feeling."

The first phase of his short lesson was for her to realize when she's being controlled. She has to have the determination to do what she has to, considering that she's too stubborn to stay still in here for 15 days. He knew he had to set his cards right in order to avoid problems like this again, and Xiu would be just a perfect ace for that. Second, was for her to feel how much power she has in store exactly. It may not be completely hers, but she should have the potential to wield it properly. He's seen techniques that she couldn't do with her eyes open, and that's something he'd have to teach her for a little while later after this.

"How long am I supposed to see the point of all this," Chimangjing rolls her eyes, "You're as good as dead anywa— OULD YOU SHUT UP!"

Macaque grimaced at her tone. He hated it when they all shout in front of him. He sighs deeply, focusing back on the sound of the battle. It seemed that Nezha and MK arrived for backup, things would've been escalating for the better if he hears them ganging up on the Bone Demon. They're hesitant, it's audible through their doubtful words.

The simian listened for a few more moments and gasps, standing abruptly from his spot.

Thousands of essence coursed through his veins, immobilizing him, possessing him, controlling him, Monkey King thought he stood a chance. Dealing the final blow was always the hardest, he didn't know she'd still have something up her sleeve. He was careless as always, and now it's time to pay the price of his actions.

"Would you look at that. My new champion. I never thought I'd see the moment you bow down to me. It's an unexpected turn of events." the Bone Demon's voice rang to his ears. She was this close, and yet he couldn't even lift a finger to her. "We've had an audience to tend to. Let's test out what you can do, Sun Wukong."

The last of his memories as they blurred, head turning to the side, was of MK and Nezha standing idly below the city glaciers. She was talking to them, but he couldn't make most out of what the Bone Demon says, his own mind muddled with thousands of voices whispering in his own ear. His body moved along to what was instructed of him, he couldn't see nor hear anything that's been going on, all that his sight allowed him to discern were silhouettes of the duo before he crashes down on them. And everything just turns black from here on out.

He needs to get out of here, but chains upon chains of her powers sprouted from the abyss, locking his soul down. It was painful. Was this what Macaque felt when she constricted him?

"Your first order, bring me the Samadhi Fire." then she pauses, remembering one little detail she missed, "Oh and find the owner of the infamous dual blades. The world I envisioned has her weapon in it. And what a valuable piece it is alongside the fire."

"No... NO!" Monkey King deducted her words carefully and can already assume of what she intends for him to do.

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾