𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 35: Transmigration (1)

━━━━༺❀༻━━━━

It was the start of the proper transmigration of Lian Xiu, an overload marathon of all lives she had in full. While most of them she already knew, a huge chunk of it finally started to come back to her.

"Big sis Xiu, can we not play outside this time?" her little sister, pulled on her sleeve.

This was the first lifetime she'd ever known, she was at the peak of her pedestal, a royal for a small clan that claimed its own religious beliefs by killing off demons that's only goal is to feed on innocent humans. Meeting Tang Sanzang slowly changed that belief in her, and while Xiu managed to hide her doubts under facades throughout the years, the blades became her own downfall. The blood oath to her connection with it was like an invisible shackle, and in the greed for the power it wants, the dual blades would do anything to quench its hunger, even if it means killing its host.

"Why... Why?! Why won't you cut through?!" Xiu tried fighting a snake demon that's been terrorizing a village she was sent to. She knew there was something wrong with it after finding out the range of her sleep-state rampage, the blades... no longer listened to her. She figured just as much in her second encounter with the pilgrims, where her blades longed to steal the power from a certain monkey demon of the group.

The woman fell ill, but Chimangjing's blades still emitted that red mist of qi, her qi. At the age to 29, Xiu Lian succumbed to an unexpected death in her sleep.

Second life was all the same. Having been born as the daughter of her younger sister, Xiu ventured through her past memories at an age of fourteen as the next in line of the Lian family. It looks as if acquiring the blades suddenly brought back old memories, and a theory behind the weapon of their god.

Remnants of the realm of the damned had surfaced in her memories, if not only by a few, Xiu now know that she would have to kill the Monkey King to acquire eternal peace of mind. And that she tried, after her first encounter with Wukong once again. Knowing her target was the basics of everything that was taught to her, but currently— in her defense— the simian doesn't seem to have any weakness. As disappointing as that may have been, she grew to fear death by the hands of someone that unreadable and powerful. Xiu hoped that taking the lives of many many more demons would be able to satisfy Chimangjing's dual blades. But in the end, it wasn't enough.

Cause of deaths: Chimangjing's dual blades

Time and time again, Xiu went far and wide, investigating how to kill Sun Wukong once and for all, dying just a few times before spawning once more in the Lian household. Killing him meant everything for her, disregarding everything around her.

Then came the time of terror in her life.

The blades went out of control and was able to subdue her. In an unconscious state, Xiu brought upon an indiscriminate massacre, and when she came to, everyone in the manor was... killed.

Why...

Why she did that...

It made sense. Because Wukong was there.

Disguised as a beetle, he was surveying the manor where 'vast amounts of negative energy were being released' as he says. In a trance like state, holding a dead sibling in her arms, Xiu hears him mutter to give up the blades to him. She didn't have nearly enough strength as it is, she'd let him take the weapon that was the tool that helped her become the murderer she is now.