𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 44: Event

I've been seeing this a lot lately, so MK's name in Chinese Dub is 'Qi Xiaotian' that means 'Little Sky' or 'Little Heaven' 👀

...

Who else here is loves the ShadowPeach and SpicyNoodles ship??? 🤚

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

Xiu met up with the others, and the only interesting bit they've received is Shuang She's invitation to the city event that'll be taking place at the central park where they'll meet up with the simian. The woman left out the other important information on purpose since she wouldn't want to seem like she cares whether or not they did the deed. She hadn't told them about her and Wukong's past beyond just accompanying journeys after all. MK still hasn't returned, but since the event takes place soon, they figured that they should just regroup in the city.

"What event is this even?" Pigsy looked at the plain yellow banners surrounding the park.

"Founding the city, I suppose," the woman mutters.

Someone passes by them, knocking Xiu on the shoulder. Luckily, Pigsy was there to hold her up, his heart leaping to his throat at the sudden luck he had. He turns behind him towards the demon, "Watch where you're going, punk!"

He turns back and flips him off, making tick marks appear on the pig's forehead.

"It's fine, Pigsy," her eyes wandered through the demons surrounding them, and they're all giving them the same disgusted look. Or maybe it was all directed towards her, she looks and is someone who had killed off demons in the past, the demon huntress Xiu that probably tore many families with the death of another one of her victims.

"I can't spot MK nor Mei," Sandy shakes his head.

"Or Monkey King," Tang hangs on to Sandy's arm for a better view.

The crowd went wild when the mayor walks up to the podium, pushing and shoving the group together as they cheered. There was a few announcements regarding the city's development, not that they could care less about it. Shuang notices them midway and smirks, "Also, I would love to present a very special guest, a legendary hero that has finally blessed this city with his presence. Great Sage Equal To Heaven, the Handsome Monkey King, Sun Wukong!"

Her heart sank. Xiu then reminds herself that she doesn't have the luxury of lashing out at him nor anyone since it was perfectly clear that Wukong wasn't hers. He doesn't want anything to do with someone that just keeps on dying on him in every chance they joined together.

"Thank you. Oh my, that's a huge crowd," he chuckles. He wore a luxurious gold and red suit that fits his frame perfectly, no doubt it was Shuang's little gift for him.

After a little speech from him, to motivate the demon citizens as the mayor instructed him to, he comes down to meet with the group whom he had spotted earlier. "You wouldn't believe the things I've been through here," he sighs, placing an arm on Xiu's shoulder. "There's this raccoon that kept following me everywhere I go. Good thing the staff made him go away after I come down here."

The woman was unable to look him in the eye as she shrugs his arm away, "Looks like you're having a lot fun with the mayor."

"She's nice, I guess. Kinda clingy though."