𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 32: Imprisonment

I've been watching Westward, and lemme tell you, it is so epic😭✨✨✨ Seriously. Try it. I watch these on 9anime.to

━━━━━━━━

Despite all best efforts to think of a way to save the ship, the engines still burst down entirely. Luckily, they're already at sea when they crashed. The bad news is, they're stuck in the control room that was slowly filling up with water. And Xiu wasn't looking very good right now.

Ignoring the constant chatter from the group, the woman began trembling as the ship fully submerged underwater. She couldn't understand why. She was never afraid of the water, but right now, the thought of drowning is making her nerves run cold.

Wukong glances at her direction, feeling the swords tremble in his pocket. He sighs and allows himself to submerge in the waist length amount of seawater.

"Monkey King, you gotta do some— uh... Monkey King?" MK turns around, finding no sign of his mentor. "Where'd he—"

Xiu screamed, making them all flinch, turning their head to look at her just in time as she was lifted above water. "Wukong! What are you doing?! Put me down!"

"You're obviously shivering from the cold," he smirks, his hands locking on both of her legs resting on his shoulder. "There. Comfy? You're welcome to thank me anytime."

"This is very unnecessary," as much as she wants to get angry, Xiu found herself giggling on the notion, resting her hands on his head. Often times before, it was him who wanted to latch on her shoulders, making them fall over in the process. She remembers that much from their time before, it makes her wonder why he's hesitant to give her all information that was hers, the full merge of her memory by fully reuniting her with her blades.

Mei and MK awed at the two and was going to proceed with a comment when suddenly, the ship quaked, a big scaly creature obscures their view from the already cracked window.

"Okay, anyone up to fight against a giant sea creature?" Xiu chuckles nervously.

Macaque puffed a breath, landing on a surface with a thud. He touched his neck, still feeling the numbing sensation of the electric shock. 'She surely didn't hold back.' He's proud of it to say the least.

Sure, not all knowledge she has have come from him, but helping her regain strength was one thing he knew he did right. At least they'll have less problems along the way.

Hopefully.

He stood, gazing upon the roaring waves of dragon territory. As far as he knew, this would be the worst possible place they could land on, especially with Monkey King stealing the Golden Cudgel that once balanced the sea.

Whatever happens there, he couldn't risk laying low right now. Macaque had to act if he wants to keep his own skin.

"I can't sit around and wait. I'm breaking us outta here, using..." Pigsy moved from his spot on the corner, reaching in his pocket for a tool, "this!"

"A spoon?" MK raises a brow.

"Oh there's nothing a spoon can't fix. This baby'll get us outta here in no time!" he laughs and began his quest of digging a way out.

Of course, by the crimes that the Monkey King committed— not to mention they've just trespassed in the Dragon Palace of the East Sea—, this may actually be the lightest sentence they could ever earn in ancient history.

"Well, at least there's a bed!" Xiu giggles, climbing on the top and making herself comfortable on its hard surface, twisting and turning to crack a few bones.

Monkey King shrugs, laying himself on the lower bunk below hers, "Welp, the Dragon Palace prison isn't something that someone can normally breakout of. Let's just wait for your friends to figure this one out."

Tang falls on his knees, wallowing in silence. MK on the other hand, fails to accept the situation, turning towards the immortal sage in high hopes.

And before the kid could say anything, he spoke, "No powers, no chance of jail break."

His shoulder slumps, then he sits on one of the beds opposite to them.

Xiu slowly grins, recalling a past memory that brought nostalgia in this situation. She moves horizontally, half of her hanging down as she looked down at Wukong, "Remember when one of Asura's lackeys had us locked up underground for destroying their turf?"

Monkey King opened one eye, smiling at the memory, "Couldn't even keep us shut even in two buildings cells apart."

"You think we can annoy the devils out of them?" she nods her head towards the door, referring to the dragons in the palace.

"Don't even think about it. If they come for your tongue, I'm just gonna stand on the corner to watch."

She huffs, pulling herself up and out of his sights, "Macaque wouldn't have let that." Xiu know she struck a nerve as she heard him stand up to peek to the top bunk. These two primates hate being compared to each other, she knows it very well.

"What's this about 'student surpassed the teacher' he said earlier? Since when was he your mentor?"

The woman turns her back at him, "Since you figured that shielding me from my past is the best type of option."

"That's not— Well, what about all that touchy feely? Have you guys been... together together or..."

Her eyes lit up, turning to her other side to face him, a smirk plastered on her face, "Oh? What's this? Are you jealous?" Xiu let the word fall smoothly out her her tongue, irking him to no end.

"Jealous?! What am I supposed to be jealous about? I d-don't like like you like that."

She laughs at his face, "You're defending yourself with that? We're best pals aren't we? That's quite enough reason for you to be jealous that I was that close with Macaque." Xiu looks to the side and locks eyes with MK, "Yo, MK. Would you be upset if Mei ignores you when she gets a boyfriend?"

He already went through that phase with Mei before, and it wasn't exactly pleasant, "Well... yeah! Definitely." MK wasn't completely sure what's going on between the two, and assuming that it was similar to the friendship he and Mei has, he figured he made the right comment on that.

Monkey King stared at his student with his jaw hanged open, turning back to the woman with a glare. She pokes a finger on top of his nose, "Admit it, Wukong. You at least like me that much."

The simian narrows his eyes at her, "I could care less whether you two hit it off. I don't care," he swats her hand away and goes back to laying down on the bed.

Tang leans towards Pigsy's back and whispers, "Is it just me or is there tension between these two?" The latter individual could care less of what's happening behind him, focusing solely on scraping the wall.

"Your actions as a cat says otherwise, though," she chuckles.

Monkey King groans and turns his back on all of them, hoping to at least get some rest out of all that's happening around him.

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾