𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 47: To The Moon

It's the cat... I forgot to include Mo in the storyline😭

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

Other than Sandy and Mo, Xiu made herself comfortable on the bed as well. Her phone died right before she could open a new online book to read. Even she had noticed the addiction she's starting to have when holding the device, but Xiu couldn't stop herself. It's like immersing into a whole new version of the world in which she chooses a different path in life and live through it with a satisfying ending. One that she never had in life. She closes her eyes, wondering about the day she'd get her good happy ending.

The van started shaking, pulling her out of her thoughts. Mo runs out the window for safety with a terrified meow, leaving the two behind. Xiu fell out of the upper bunk with a loud thud, waking the blue giant from his slumber.

"W-What?" he blinks, wiping the sleep away from his eyes.

Metal scraped louder and louder until eventually, it stopped. Sandy got up and helped Xiu checking her for any concussion. "I'm fine, Sandy. Thanks." But just what the heck happened?

"An earthquake?" he asks.

"I don't know..."

Then comes another rumbling that made them feel a little lightheaded. Everything fell out of place and scattered to attach as something new. By the end of all of it, Xiu was separated from Sandy into this humongous room with wires. She grimaced at the sound of doors opening, tripping and crawling her way to what seemed to be a long curved hallway. She'd been here for at least twenty minutes until she hears a door opening again, along with three loud voices just outside the walls.

"We'll get to the moon in no time! Glad you thought about this, Monkey King," says MK.

"That's how I saw it on the films, actually."

"Nice to know you're keeping up to date," the boy laughs.

Xiu gasps when she touches a hot wire, cursing at her unfortunate move. The one of the talisman sizzles and disintegrates, but she could care less about it right now.

"You— uh— You have done this before.... right?" says Pigsy.

"Nope! I never even made a rocket ship before. Can you believe that?"

'Rocket ship... A rocket ship?!' her eyes widens in exciting adrenaline. 'I'm standing on a big rocket ship!'

That anticipation grew short at the sudden pull of gravity. Xiu went through the wall and out into the light, her back landing on yet another wall with a pair of pillars. Moving pillars. She climbs up one of them and gets a good view around, and what she saw stuns her brain. Pigsy, Wukong, and MK are all giants. Or it may be that she is little.

The group crash landed into the moon, all thanks to their wonderful driver. As fun as it all sounded at first, the woman began panicking once the rocket blew over and pushed her right out into the space. Thinking that she'll die without some kind of astronaut equipment, Xiu began hyperventilating, that is until she realized she could breathe normally.

"This is a miracle!" she laughs, then covers her mouth while looking around.

So far, there are only plants and trees in sight. She've read about Chang'e and watched her cooking shows— sometimes when she doesn't feel like watching movies with cat Wukong—, and known for a fact that the moon goddess lives alone in the moon with a rabbit.