𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 40: Nephew

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

Dinner goes well for the last thirty minutes, with Xiu mostly smothering Redson. She adored the spawn of the Demon Bull King and Princess Iron Fan ever since she saw him. He was just a little tyke back then. Redson always hung around her, literally, climbing her back every chance he'd get. She was a great uncle, albeit playfully physical in educating him to not throw a tantrum like he'd always do around his parents. The two were grateful that she stuck around to babysit their child for years, just as she's grateful that they've let her in after all the injuries she'd had after fighting Wukong.

"You'll certainly be a lot taller than I am. I heard you designed every upgrade here, that's so highly intelligent of you! You're not always just about taking over the world like your parents, are you? Tell me, have you already found a girlfriend yet?"

Her nagging started to get on his nerves, and while he almost wanted to explode, Redson had respect and feared Xiu's wrath that he didn't dare make a fuss with all her questions, "No. And I don't plan to."

"Are you serious?" her eyes widens at him, "But you're more than 500 years of age!

"Yes," he glares at her, "And please refrain yourself from the unnecessary questions."

"Why should I? I want to know all about what my favorite nephew has been doing since I was gone."

Redson turned to his mother in silent plead for help, but she's more amused to see him suffer under the mortal's thumb. His father was no different, but it appears that having the Monkey Kid and his friends around wasn't doing much glee for him.

"I accumulated some fire tricks while I was traveling as a performer. Wanna see it?"

"No, uncle— aunt— or whatever I should call you now."

Xiu giggles, pinching his cheek, "But you loved it when I played fire with you! Come on, I haven't seen you in such a long time. Don't you miss your favorite uncle Xiu?"

"They're pretty close, huh? I don't hear Redboy complaining for once," Mei chuckles into MK's ear.

He slowly nodded in admiration to the woman, "... Yeah. I can't believe she became his uncle. Must be nice to have her as a close relative."

Princess Iron Fan glances to the group on the other side of the table in disdain, "So tell me, what precisely have you intruded upon our dinner plans?"

The red haired lad grips Xiu's hand to stop her from poking his cheek for a moment to answer in their stead, "Ah, t-they're looking for the Samadhi Fire."

Her and Bull King spat out their drinks. The latter crushes the glass in his hand, bellowing out to them, "WHAT?!"

"I... see you've heard of it?" MK mustered up a smile.

"I can only assume the Great Sage has sent you on this moronic quest," he seethes.

"That flame is one of the most dangerous weapons in existence. What reason would Sun Wukong have to—"

"The Lady Bone Demon," MK cuts off Iron Fan's sentence. "We need it to defeat her. She's an ancient—"

"I know what she is!" Bull King slams his fist down in the table.

"Then you know that we need the fire to stop her!"

Iron Fan and Bull King glances at Xiu in silent interrogation of whether or not they're serious about it. The woman looks away from them.

"What exactly do you know of the Samadhi Fire?" she asks them.

"Ah, well, we know that it's... uh... well it's super powerful."