Carol helped Rick to his feet, and Marcie could see the blood smeared across his cheek. He was quick to retaliate, punching Tyreese so hard he knocked him out of Daryl's grip,

Rick kicked the man in the stomach, forcing him onto his back before standing above him, landing blow after blow to his face,

"Rick, stop!" Marcie called out,

Daryl motioned for her to stay back before grabbing Rick and pulling him away,

"Let go of me!" Rick screamed, "Let go of me!" He pushed Daryl away.

Tyreese sobbed on the ground, while Rick was nursing his bleeding fist.

How did the conversation turn violent so fast?

Afterwards, they decided to have another team meeting after finding out just how many more people have come down with the illness.

What was left of the council gathered in the library, which wasn't many of them,

"It's spread." Hershel announced, "Everyone who survived the attack in Cellblock D. Sasha, Caleb, and now others.

"Oh, Jesus." Daryl muttered, biting at his fingernail,

"So what do we do?" Carol asked,

"First things first. Cell block A is isolation." Hershel began, "We keep the sick people there like we tried with Karen and David."

"What the hell we gonna do about that?" Daryl asked,

"Ask Rick to look into it." Marcie answered confidently, "Try to make a timeline... who's where when."

"But what are we gonna do to stop this?" Carol asked, referring to the illness,

"There is no stopping it." Hershel stated, "You get it, you have to go through it."

"But it just kills you?" Michonne replied. 

She was standing away from the others, sine she was the only one who wasn't exposed in Cellblock D.

Hershel turned to her, "The illness doesn't. The symptoms do. We need antibiotics."

"We've been through every pharmacy nearby. And then some." Daryl explained,

"That veterinary college at West Peachtree Tech, that's one place people may not have thought to raid for medication." Hershel told them,  "The drugs for animals there are the same we need."

Daryl nodded, "That's 50 miles. Too big a risk before. Ain't now. I'm gonna take a group out." He stood and grabbed his crossbow, "Best not waste any more time."

Marcie stood with him, "I'm going with you."

"I'm in, too." Michonne added,

"You haven't been exposed. Daryl and Marcie have. You get in a car with him..." 

"He's already given me fleas." Michonne joked,

The others stood, "I can lead the way." Hershel stated, "I know where everything's kept."

Daryl and Marcie shared a look. While Hershel's knowledge of the building and medicine would be beneficial, there's no way he'd be able to keep up with them.

"When we're out there, it's always the same." Daryl replied, "Sooner or later we run."

"I can draw you a map." Hershel concluded.

The others began to walk towards the door when the older man spoke again, "There are other precautions I feel we should take."

"Like what?" Carol asked,

"There's no telling how long it'll be before Daryl and his group return. Wouldn't it make sense for us to separate the most vulnerable?" Hershel suggested,

Marcie nodded, "Vivian's already separated with Judy and Liam. Wouldn't hurt to move the rest of the kids to the administration building."

Glenn glanced around nervously, "What about the old?"

Everyone's eyes landed on Hershel. Should he be separated? He had already been exposed, helping Dr. S with the sick. 

He wasn't sick yet, but would it just be a matter of time?

It wasn't long until the quarantine took place. The other kids from D block were already separated with Beth, and now Carl and a few others had to join them.

Vivian had put Judith down for a nap and Liam was working on his school work when there was another knock on the door.

She recognised Rick's outline. She encouraged Liam to keep working while she walked over to the door,

"How many more are sick?" Viv asked, leaning against the door,

"The entirety of D Block." Rick sighed, "Sasha has it now, too."

"Shit." Vivian played with the hem of her long sleeved shirt, "Any more dead?"

"'M not sure yet." He paused for a moment, "Are you guys okay?"

"Oh yeah," She glanced back at the two young children, "We're doing great. But... I can only read 'The Hungry Caterpillar' so many times before I go crazy." She joked before her smile disappeared, "Are you doing alright? I heard you and Carl got your guns back out."

Rick hesitated and Vivian knew the answer, but wasn't sure if he was going to admit it.

"'M...'m fine." Rick mumbled, "Been a stressful few days." He sighed, "Thank you... for watching out for Judith."

"Wouldn't want to be anywhere else." Vivian joked, "Take care of them out there, yeah?"

He nodded, "Yeah." Rick responded softly, "Yeah."

She heard his footsteps walking away and Vivian let out a long sigh before moving back towards Liam.

How long were they going to be stuck in here?