19

"You're so precious, I can't take it."

─────────────

─────────────

"Aera, you're back!"

After Jeonghan brought me back to the hotel, I spend a good ten minutes staggering to the hotel room, then another good thirty minutes explaining everything that happened to Jihyo and Taeyang.

It was difficult to reassure them that it was all good, and especially make sure Taeyang didn't murder anyone in their sleep.

Then after taking a crap ton of painkillers and putting on a crap ton of makeup, we flew back home on the next available flight.

As soon as I stepped through the door, my mother immediately engulfed me in a tight hug, pressing onto all the wounds she was unaware of, and it hurt like hell yet I had no choice but to play it off.

"I've been gone three days, mom."

"Not long enough." I heard Daehwi mutter, so I hit him on the head with the purse in my hand, and he took deep offense to it.

"Now, now, children, come on, I made dinner."

After putting my things away and freshening up, I made my way to the dining table, where the whole family was seated, except my older sister.

"Where's Jieun?" 

"She just texted saying she's coming home now, along with her fiancé."

"FIANCE?!" I had just sat down, but upon the news shot right back up and out of my seat.

"Oh, sister, a lot happened these three days, you know?"

"No, I don't know, please tell!" With a look of disbelief and mouth agape, I stared at all my family members, betrayal upon being in the dark.

"Two days ago, Junhui proposed to her." Thank you, Gikwang, for enlightening me.

Still processing it, I slowly sat back down onto the chair, mindlessly grabbing a piece of fruit and shoving it into my mouth.

"What on Earth?" My mouth was stuffed, so it came out like a mumble, but there was no time to elaborate further, as the front door opened.

The newly engaged couple had arrived.

Lee Jiuen and Wen Junhui.

The five of us sitting at the table turned our heads immediately towards the entrance, where the two had just walked in.

When Jieun's eyes met mine, they widened, as if she completely forgot about me. Then she rushed forward, crouching onto the floor and taking my hands in hers. 

"Have you been told?" There was a look of unease on her face, and it could've easily been mistaken for fear.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Then it was replaced with guilt.