04

"The more you reject, the more you crave."

─────────────

─────────────

Once I heard what Taeyang said, my mood immediately went downhill, and got further ruined when Yoon Jeonghan decided to snake an arm around my waist.

"What the hell? Get your hand off me!"

Doing the complete opposite of what I said, he pulled me closer to him, his mouth lingering by my ear.

"Darling, people are watching, smile for them."

Getting frustrated I was to cuss him out but stopped once I noticed that, indeed, people were watching and it were to look odd if I didn't smile.

"Oh look, I'm being needed far away from you two."

Damn you, Yoo Taeyang.

And so after a few forceful grins, I turned my attention back to the man who had me in his hold.

"Now can you let go? I'm sure your mother didn't teach you to touch women without their permission."

He laughed and I swear I almost melted.

Oh my god Aera, pull yourself together, woman.

After regaining my composure, I turned my head towards his face, only to realise how close he actually was.

He stared intensely into my eyes, and I didn't notice his lips moving.

"No, she didn't, but she did teach me how to treat one right."

With that statement, he took me along to the middle of the hall, amidst all other couples, young and old, who danced slowly to the soft, yet annoying, classical music that was being played.

We moved to the slow beat, his hands resting firmly on my waist. He was a head taller than me, but it wasn't that much of a strain to look into his eyes.

"You know, with your outfit it would have been fitting if we were in a club right now, rather than a masquerade ball."

I looked deeper into his eyes, if it were possible, and raised an eyebrow, waiting for him to continue.

"That way, it makes it harder for old creeps to stare at your curves."

I smirked at him, wondering where on Earth all this was coming from.

"One, I know how to look after myself, two, that's kinda the whole point, three, why the sudden care? Last time I checked, we are meant to be at each other's throats right now."

"Don't you find all of that silly? We're not stuck in the last millennial. Things are different, the world has changed."

"What the hell?" I muttered as I stared at him, very confused as to where all of this was coming from.

His lips tugged into a smirk, as he leaned closer. "I'm just joking, darling. I couldn't care less about you."

Of course, how could I forget? Yoon Jeonghan's favourite past time was messing with your head.

I felt like a right idiot just then, but I couldn't give him that satisfaction so I played it off as best I could.

"Are you done? I really need alcohol in my system so looking at you is a bit more bearable. Also sort your fan girls out, they keep glaring at me and I won't hesitate to gauge their eyeballs out."

He raised an eyebrow before finally letting me go. I wasted no time in getting away from him, and when I looked back, girls were all over him and he didn't think twice about flirting back.

I wasn't sure if he was being sincere with his words, but once I remembered how his personality was like, I felt really stupid to fall for it even in the slightest bit.

But I'll be honest, god was he fine.

His soft blonde hair, his brown eyes that lowkey made me weak at the knees once we held contact, his lips that just look so damn kissable, and most definitely not to forget his god-like physique.

I sound obsessed, don't I?

If only his personality was as handsome as his appearance. Then maybe I could actually somewhat stand him.

Oh well, thinking about him was pointless, he and I were as enemies as it could be, or at least I thought so but after the events that just took place, I wasn't so sure anymore.

Downing another drink, I thought to myself, was he high?

I just realised how random all of this was, and that it could not be happening in the world that I know it as.

Actually, am I high?

I mean, my vision was pretty good, and I could walk in a somewhat straight line.

Yeah, no he was definitely the one high.

Deciding not to think further about it, I put all thoughts and feelings aside and began focusing on the sole reason I came to this lame party in the first place.

After a while things just became boring.

Nothing interesting was happening and the same old conversations were heard.

Yoo Taeyang the bitch was also nowhere to be found.

"I swear I'll cut his balls off if I see him." Muttering curses to myself, I shoved a shrimp tartlet into my mouth.

I was hungry, and you could hardly call these little things food.

I needed something exciting to happen, and as much as I hate to admit it, what happened earlier with Jeonghan brought a sense of adrenaline and had my blood rushing.

I was in such a dilemma and I was only realising it now. Gosh, go back ten years ago and the only problem I would've faced was breakouts.

My train of thoughts came to a stop, however, once I noticed someone acting real shady.

The female I noticed seemed to be a lot older in age compared to the other women here, but despite that she looked, and acted, like she was in her early thirties.

She was talking to a male who looked like her bodyguard, and their conversation seemed very intense.

She whispered something in his ear, while looking around the room as he nodded in response.

Forgetting about the shrimp tartlets, I stood up to get a closer look at her.

And once I got closer, I registered that she was no other that Lady Yin, a deadly, but very stupid if I'm honest, woman.

I was close enough to hear their conversation, as they weren't being very discreet about it.

It was a normal conversation to me at first, until something was said to make my eyes widen in shock.

"This place about to blow."