10

"A dazzling and splendid trap, a beautiful struggle."

─────────────

─────────────

As soon as those words came out of his mouth, I immediately jumped out of his arms, and away from him.

"Aw, not gonna say thank you for saving you?" He tilted his head slightly, and gosh I wanted to mess up his pretty face so bad.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I ignored his previous words, and began wondering why he just had to be here at the same time as me.

That annoying smirk of his remained, as he pulled something out from behind. "The same as you, no?"

Inside his hand was an array of gold and silver jewellery, encrusted with diamonds and opal. They glimmered in the moonlight, their sparkles glistening around the room, as we both stared at them in admiration and awe.

How the hell was treasure like this just chilling out in the open for anyone to claim? Who the hell knows, 'cause I ain't complaining.

I went forward to grab some out his hand, but his reflexes were quicker as he quickly pulled away, which caused me to fall onto him. He instantly wrapped his other arm around me, and held my waist firmly as my own hands landed on his shoulders.

Surprised at the sudden motion, I looked at him slightly flustered, to find he was already gazing at me.

"You fell for me again?" He leaned in closer, and I swear I saw him glance at my lips. As much as I wanted to cuss him out, no words left my mouth, which really ticked me off.

However, our intense eye contact was cut short, due to the distant sound of police sirens.

Both our heads snapped in the direction of the sudden sound, and the panic slowly began to rise within me.

"Shit." I heard him grumble under his breath, and unexpectedly, he grabbed my arm.

"What the heck?!"

He pulled me along with him, and with every step we took, the sirens grew louder. Someone must have noticed something was off in the house, and thus, called the police.

Can't something ever go right for me?!

The two of us rushed to find a way outside, all while he had a firm grip on my arm, never once letting go.

Then suddenly, the doorbell rang, the sound echoing throughout the entire house.

We both stopped immediately, as we glanced at each other in alarm then at the front door. The red and blue lights shone in through the windows, which made me anxious as to what on earth could've happen next.

A loud knock came after, which seemed to have woken us both up.

"Shit." The male beside me mumbled, as he began fumbling with something.