11

"Heart on your sleeve like you've never been loved."

─────────────

─────────────

It was a Friday night, and that only meant one thing: It's party time.

"DAEHWI! GET YOUR ASS HERE, NOW!"

Daehwi entered the room with a bored expression, and seemed like he already knew what was to be asked by his older sister.

Jieun pointed towards something on her bed, and the boy sighed tiredly, dragging his feet towards the object. He picked it up, and looked towards the two of us.

"You know I don't wear loafers." He raised an eyebrow, only to immediately get shut down by Jieun.

"You know I don't care." I sniggered slightly, as Daehwi put up his hand in my direction with a threatening manner.

The whole family was invited to a party held by some rich folks who had nothing better to spend their money on. And as the Lees, we had to look the best of the best, or in other words, expensive.

Me, my mother and my sister wore very similar dresses. It was of a champagne colour, and while my mother opted for a more flowy dress, my sister went with a mermaid style, showing off all her curves, and I wore one similar to my mother's but mine had leg slit just above the knee.

The males of the household went with complimentary white suits, and god did we look like we came straight out of a movie.

"Before I forget, make sure you all have a form of defense with you at all times. We can never be sure of what will happen." My father said, walking into the room, his wife and oldest child right behind him.

Jieun took out the gun in her clutch, while I showed my leg, an outline of a dagger visible through the fabric of the dress.

My brothers both showed their guns, and my mother, her blade. My father nodded, contempt with the fact his children were going to be completely safe, because he trusted them, and taught them the right ways to do so.

I finished straightening the last of my hair, and once fully done, I looked at myself in the mirror.

"God, I'm hot."

"You wish, you look like a troll." Daehwi, that idiot, laughed beside me, while making faces as if he was still a child.

"Grow up, rat."

He rolled his eyes as response, and put on his blazer. He pushed me to the side with his hip, bending down slightly to fix his hair in the mirror.

With a scoff I moved out the way, taking my heels from the floor and putting them on. I checked the mirror myself, contempt with my little get-up.

"You kids all done?" The four of us agreed in unison, and after getting into the hella nice looking limousine, we were off on our way.

─────────────