03

"Short skirts and red lips, what could go wrong?"

─────────────

Glam parties are fun, as long as you dress right, wear the right shade of lipstick, and your heels are just the right height.

And being invited parties was a daily thing to me.

And honestly, it was beneficial if I went.

My parents call me the black cat of the party. And I don't even like cats. This is probably due to how I sit back and observe everyone, and everything.

She'll catch you in a split second, as they say.

I wouldn't say I'm nosy, it's just that people can be very interesting and amusing at times.

Forgetting that, I stared at my closet.

There just wasn't any interesting clothing articles hanging in there. So instead, I barged into my sister's room.

"Yah, Jieun, I need some clo-" I stopped in the doorway, as I saw her asleep.

"Why is she sleeping this early?" I mumbled to myself, as I went to her closet.

"Now this, I can work with." I said, opening her closet to reveal every piece of clothing you could ever imagine.

Half an hour later, and a huge pile of clothes on the floor, I had finally decided on what to wear.

Jieun had a lot of dresses in her closet, but I had decided to go with a silver bodycon dress. It was definitely going to catch a lot of eyes, but that's what I wanted.

My younger self with social anxiety would not be able to handle this.

Hair straighten, and makeup on, I was almost ready. I grabbed some heels and a clutch and was soon out the door.

I jumped into my car, turning the engine on, and soon drove out to my destination.

─────────────

"Jeonghan, you need to attend this event."

The male groaned at his mother's words.

Another party, another moment of fakeness.

He hated any social gatherings, having to actually talk to people and put on a smile.

It's not like he was a loner, he had his family and close friends, but having to fake a liking towards people his family were most likely planning to kill, wasn't a very fun activity.

Well for him, at least, it wasn't.

But he had no other choice but to go, not wanting to disappoint his mother.

She walked out of the room, leaving her son to get ready.

And so he did, getting himself into a loose black shirt, leaving the top three buttons undone to catch the ladies, a black blazer which seemed to almost have stripes on, and of course, black slacks.

Sure it was all black, but that's what suited him, and knowing him, he liked to impress.

And for sure it would make the women fall for him, as they always did.

I don't blame them, to be honest.

All that aside, he put on his shoes and was soon, also out the door.

─────────────

The fancy building soon came into view.

The building itself seemed like neoclassical architecture, and if fit right with its surroundings.

The grand perron that led to the massive front doors, were already fill with elegantly dressed people, who screamed rich from head to toe.

But before I got out of my car, I took one last look in the mirror, and put on the silver mask that complimented my dress.

And with that, I opened the car door, stepping out like a boss bitch.

I flipped my hair, and closed the car door shut.

And of course, if someone stood out a little bit more than they should have, they were going to receive stares.

And so I did.

But I didn't mind it. 'Cause people have to know who and what they're dealing with.

And once I entered the building, the stares kept on coming despite the effort to make it discreet.

Then again, no one made an effort to come up and say hello.

Kinda rude if you ask me.

A waiter came past, a tray full of drinks in his hand, and I took one of the glasses.

The champagne bubbled, as I swirled it around, and soon after took a large sip of it.

Everyone talked amongst themselves, still being cautious about the people around them.

I mean, you never know who's gonna pull a gun out on you and who's not.

I had to say, everyone did dress well, but that was given since everyone was here to impress.

They wanted to be to be on the receiving end of a business deal, they wanted to let people know that they meant business, they wanted everyone to know their name.

If you weren't important, no one bothered with learning your name.

My eyes wandered around the room before landing on someone walking in through the doors.

Despite the mask that covered half of his face, it was obvious who he was, especially with his infamous gaze and smirk.

He hadn't even fully stepped into the room yet, and there were already ladies swooning over him.

But I definitely could see why.

They say, know your enemies more than you know yourself, here in the crime world.

And so I did, I knew every single detail about him.

And he knew every single detail about me.

So when his eyes met mine, he slightly smirked, sending a wink in my direction.

I scoffed in response to it, chugging down the rest of the drink in my hand, and putting it back onto the tray of a passing-by waiter.

I picked up another drink, and went towards a familiar face.

"Yoo Taeyang, nice to see you here."

The male turned around, an eyebrow raised.

"Well, look who we have here, Lee Aera in the flesh."

He excused himself from the two men he was talking to.

We did our infamous handshake, before laughing.

"Damn, long time no see, cousin."

"I'm a busy woman." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Too busy to visit your favourite family member?" He pouted, to which I nodded.

"Pfft, anyways you seen anything suspicious."

He shook his head, but stopped immediately.

"Jeongha-"

I rolled my eyes at the mention of him.

"Well, tough luck, he's coming this way."