16

"Oh, I'm in trouble."

─────────────

─────────────

"Stupid, stupid, stupid!"

How the hell was I about to kiss two different guys in the same night?! And one of them was engaged?!

I was definitely losing my sanity, with everything that I thought I knew going out the window.

It was clear what was to happen, right? Cut off the enemy who I shouldn't have been in contact with in the first place, and go with the obvious better choice of Kim Wooseok, who really was a darling.

I mean, come on, who takes you slow dancing in a bar and makes you feel like an absolute fucking princess.

Definitely not your enemy, Aera.

Essentially, all I had to do was get my priorities straight with a cool head, and with said cool head, make the correct life choices.

Easy, isn't it?

But being all gloomy and depressed wasn't going to help with that and I knew just the thing that could fix it.

─────────────

"Remind me why we're going to Japan, with her?!

"Bitch—, it's not like I want to be here with you."

"Aera, it's not too late to drop her, you know?"

"Drop me?! Watch me drop kick you!"

So here I was, getting onto an airplane to Fukuoka in Japan for an extended weekend with the excuse of making my dear cousin and new best friend get along after the sour first meeting that left them bitter with each other, but also for other, not-so-legal business that was needed doing.

But of course, that was just a cover of the real reason to why I volunteered to go.

And after a long hour-and-a-half flight, full of non-stop bickering and insult-throwing, we had landed in Fukuoka.

Breathing in the Japanese air, I let my eyes wander over my home for the next week or so.

From where the three of us stood at the airport, the land was made out to be lavish. The tall city buildings lined in the horizon, and in the far distance behind them, the rolling lush mountain tops spread out comfortably.

"LET'S HIT THE BEACH!"

Immediately bowing in embarrassment to the surrounding people, I harshly pushed the idiot on front of me, who glared back like he wasn't the one in the wrong.

"Shut up, doofus, or you're going on the next flight back!"

"Please do." The woman beside me grumbled, and after throwing both of them looks of warning, I turned to find a cab to take us to our hotel.