12

"Love is blind, but your love is unkind."

─────────────

─────────────

It was only the next day, and I had so eagerly waited for a notification to come through to say that prince charming had texted me.

After I told my family about him, my mother immediately recognised him to be the son of Kim Shinsah, an old friend she had back when she went to school.

Apparently my grandad was very fond of Shinsah and so that was how they became friends, but due to financial problems, her family had to move away when my mother and her just started high school, and it seemed that the family were back stronger than before.

Perhaps this love life of mine was to take a new turn, and was I low-key excited.

Younger me used to always dream of fairytale endings, me and the prince living happily ever after, but once grown up, I realised that was just a pathetic hope, given the life I lived.

But maybe, just maybe, with this new guy in town, all was not lost.

And maybe 8-year-old me could make her fantasies come true.

That was only possible, however, when the said guy texted me!

It felt like I was going insane, constantly staring at my phone, in hopes it would ding with good news, but I had now realised that I shouldn't be wasting my time like that, and instead should be doing productive things, and let time do its thing.

A shipment was to arrive from Japan soon, and I was told to oversee it all to ensure nothing went wrong.

Usually I would be given jobs more on the seduction side, but since everyone was busy, this job was left in my hands.

The shipment was going to come at one in the morning, unfortunately for me, but since that was a good six hours away, I had time to spare.

And thankfully, just as I was wondering what to do to pass time, a notification popped up on my phone.

Quickly hurrying over, I grabbed my phone that was lost in the mess of my bedsheets, and when I opened up the message, I had to take a moment to squeal in excitement as the text I had waiting for finally arrived.

With a deep breath, I continued to read what it said.

It was Wooseok, of course, and he was wondering if I was available to grab something to eat. Sure it was overused, but it still made my stomach do all sorts of flips upon the thought of seeing him again.

Then without realising, my head trailed to the other person who caused flips in my stomach; Yoon Jeonghan.

With a shudder I immediately rid my head of those thoughts, and focused back on the person was currently typing.