Chapter 22

"Y-your cute too.." Russia said as his face turned red. Russia was a blushing mess, his feelings grew or so he thought.
Russia felt so strange but he didn't try to deny that he enjoyed every moment with America in fact he wanted to spend everyday with him.
America on the other hand finally accepted he's still and always will be in love with Russia but.. he's scared that Russia didn't feel the same so he decided to wait for him. America was willing to wait months or even years for Russia.
America was completely lost in his thoughts and didn't even release Russia had been looking up at him for a while now.
"Meri..? Are you okay?" Russia says softly as he looks up at the small male, America immediately looks down at Russia in shock before blushing, Russia smiles softly.
"Y-yeah..uhm.. I'm just thinking about someone." America said looking away with a small laugh, Russia's eyes widen, it hurt but he still has hope.
"O-oh? C-can I ask who?" Russia said looking down with a small disappointed look, his face and reaction broke America and it took him every inch of strength to say how he felt.
"Uh.. Japan..?" America said looking away with guilt. Russia's heart sank as he sighs. Russia knew he would never actually love Japan.
"B-but your gay?" Russia said tilting his head with a confused look, America looks away and sighs.
"I-i can't tell you.. " America said with a pitiful look. Russia huffs and smiles.
"Aw c'mon! I'm your best friend, you can tell me anything!" Russia whined and he gave America puppy eyes, America sighs and looks away again.
"I can't Russia.. you know them very well, he's the best person I have ever met and.. I'm so scared of losing him but yet even if he never loves me I'm willing to wait for him, as long as it takes I'll wait." America said blushing as he stares into Russia's eyes, Russia didn't talk to anyone or know anyone at all besides Germany and as far as he knew Germany was dating Poland now.
"Oh.. I'm not sure if I know who your talking about." Russia said looking away with a slight blush..
'he knows I don't talk to anyone.. so that means... ' Russia thought as his eyes widen, everything begins to make sense to him.
Russia has a theory, the reason why America's family accepted him was because they knew how America felt right? Well maybe America has been talking about, him? Dose America have feelings for Russia? Well that's obvious at this point, the pair are never separated and they even spend many nights together. America would always decline or cancel plans if Russia called, he'd drop everything to hangout with Russia and Russia quickly realized that.
Russia wanted to ask but he was scared so he came up with a plan to confess, of course he'd have to wait a few more months but during that time he'd use it to get close to America and learn everything he possibly can about him. The thought made him smile as he grips America's shirt again.
"A-are you okay?" America asked looking down with a concerned look. Russia only nods and completely let's go of America's shirt, he then wraps his arms around his waist and smiles softly.
"I think I know who your talking about.." Russia said glanceing up at America who now a blushing mess.
"O-oh?" America said as more of a question. Russia nods and looks away with a soft smile.
"Im pretty sure germany has a girlfriend though..." Russia said as he looks away with a small smirk, America gave him a disappointed look before smiling.
"O-oh.." America said awkwardly as he looks away. Russia wasn't naive, America knew this but the fact that russia didn't understand stunned America gave Russia a questionable look before brushing it off.
"It's okay though! I know someone who's going to confess to you the last day of school!" Russia coed as he smiles softly. America raised his eye brows in disbelief before laughing.
"Who?" America asked with curiosity.
"I can't tell you! They will get mad at me since it's supposed to be a surprise.." Russia said as he looks away, America whines and gave up because he knew russia would not give in.
"Alright fine! You win.." America huffs in defeat as he pouts. Russia laughs and blushes as he looks down at America's shirt.
"Let's say you know him pretty well..." Russia said laughing as America gave him the 'y'know I talk to everyone' look which made Russia laugh and sit up, he now has completely recovered from his panic attack. Russia sits up and let's out a breathy sigh as as he now towers over America and peers down at him, America's eyes travel to meet Russias and be smiles softly.
"I'm not getting a soild answer from you am I?" America said now realizing that Russia used his height as an advantage to avoid further questions, when he sits it he looks pretty intimidating. Russia peers down at America and smiles as he acts innocent.
"Nope!" Russia giggled as he was satisfied with his small victory, America huffs and smiles before glancing at the the door way where his parents had retreated to moments ago. America takes one more glance at Russia, he reaches for his hands and looks up at him with a serious and concerned look.
"A-are you okay now..?" America says as he looks at the end table he had placed the strawberry lemonade that France made, once Russia followed his eyes and realized what what America was looking at he looked like a child with stars in their eyes. Russia absolutely LOVES strawberry flavored food and drinks, he's like child!
"I take that as a yes.." America said laughing a small dust of pink on his cheeks, Russia takes the cup from America and blushes softly before looking away.
"T-thanks... For everything." Russia said taking a sip of his lemonade with a small slurp.
"Wowhh!! So good!!" Russia's eyes sparkled as he quickly took another sip, america laughs and makes his way to the kitchen, he walks over to the door and pokes his head out to see France and Britain sitting in two lawn chairs while France was talking on the phone, America could only guess it was USSR.
"H-Hey.. Russia's okay now, you guys can come in.." America said looking at the two, they both nod before a deep Russian voice rang out, France jumped and pulled the phone away from his ear.
"LET ME SPEAK TO AMERICA!" USSR yelled loudly, France quickly held the phone up to America who took it.
"H-hello.." America said nervously as he looked at his feet, he let the door shut so Russia didn't over hear the conversation.
"What happened to my baby.." USSR said clearly concerned, he could hear Ukraine and Belarus's in the background as Nazi tried to comfort him.
"H-he had a panic attack, I'm not sure what caused it but I think he was scared of mom and dad..." America said looking between his parents who now had a guilty look on their face.
"Is he okay?" Ussr asked as he begins to calm down.
"Yeah! He just didn't expect to be accepted by papa.. he told me he was so scared of him because if he didn't like Russia he could rip me away from him and Russia was so scared that was going to happen, if I had to take a guess he had a lot of built-up emotions and it finally over flowed which triggered his panic attack.." America said calmly, he knew russia better then anyone and just by listening to him he knew what happened.
"Oh.. for fucks shake.. I should have known! Y-you did calm him down right and made sure he didn't panic?" USSR said as he lets out a hitched breath.
"Yes sir... Mom even made him some strawberry lemonade.." America said as he smiles softly, USSR sighs softly.
"Oh thank you.. I was so worried but I knew if I came over in my state he would panic more." USSR said with a nervous laughs.
"See, I told you everything was okay my love." Nazi said as he smiles.
"Is bubba okay now??" Belarus asked with a small sniffle.
"Yeah, bubbas okay love, don't worry." Ukraine said softly.
After listening to Ukraine comforting her little sister a soft click was heard, the three turned to see Russia with a worried expression, America moves and allows him to step outside.
"U-uh.. is everyone okay?" Russia looking a bit guilty, he plays with his fingers.
"Yeah, everything is okay Ruski. I'm sorry I left you." America said as everyone went silent.
"I-its okay! I wanted to apologize for making everyone worry." Russia said as he looked up at Britain and France sheepishly.
"Don't worry honey, we all have our days." France said with a soft smile as he looks up at Russia.
"That's right my boy, just remember you can talk to us about anything alright?" Britain said as he smiles, Russia smiles back still a little bit shocked from everything that happened.
"T-thank you.." Russia said as he smiles, he still has tear trails on his cheeks, his cheeks and eyes were red and puffy but he still smiled.
"The better question is if your okay." France said standing up, he walks up to Russia and cups his cheeks.
"Y-yeah.." Russia says looking at France with kind eyes, Russia was so grateful that they cared for him.