chapter 21

"W-What..?" Russia asked giving America a concerned look as he gazes up at the smaller male. America looks into Russias eyes for a moment before looking away.
"N-nothing.. just feel really lucky." America said smiling as he twirls Russia's silky soft hair.
"What do you mean?" Russia asked as he looks up at America with a soft smile.
"Because your my best friend and.. I mean uh.. I really didn't think I'd ever get to be this close to you." Russia huffs rolling his eyes and swatting America's hands away from his head, America gave him a confused look.
"Am I really that bad?" Russia said rolling to his side, the one opposite of America's vision, this way America couldn't see his pained expression.
America stayed silent, he felt guilty and didn't know how to approach Russia.
Russia sighs softly and hides his face from America, he turned his head away from America and hid it in his shoulder. After about five minutes Russia felt the hand on his lower back slowly inch up to his neck, America entangled his hand into russias hair and pulls his head back gently. Russia lets out an unexpected moan. America didn't know why but hearing such a lewd sound from the taller male made him twitch in delight.
Once Russia realized what happened his face turned blood red, his head shot up at he looked at America with a shocked expression.
"C-come on now Ruski~" America teased with a cocky smirk that made Russia shiver.
"N-no! Dont do that!" Russia squeaked out as he covers his face with his hand, Russia knew he took the situation as something dirty.
"I'm sorry.." America suddenly said getting Russia's attention.
"I-i didn't mean to make you think your bad person.. I just didn't think you would forgive me.." America said slowly reaching up for Russia's hair to play with it once again, Russia didn't pull away or fight back instead he leans into his touch and lays his head on the smaller males chest.
"Well... Past is past and like dad said everyone deserves a second chance." Russia said wrapping his arms around America and pull him close.
"Your my best friend.." Russia said smiling as he nuzzles his face into the smaller males chest.
After a few hours of talking and teasing America quickly noticed his feelings were getting stronger, he knew Russia didn't know how to feel so he went for the second best option.
It may be selfish but America wanted Russia as his own and he decided to use this friendship to do so, that being said America made up his mind that Russia was his crush and he'd attempt to get everything a relationship would provide him.
You might ask, isn't that a relationship that's not official? Your not wrong it's actually one sided, America fully committed to Russia after that day but Russia would never know and unfortunately he was oblivious.

Le time skip~

It's been about 5 months since Russia and America had become friends it's now starting to turn spring, USSR and Nazi had started dating and Russia was always near America no matter what time the pair was even accepted by Britain, crazy right? The pair were so happy that Russia had finally won America's father over that the taller male burst out in tears while sitting in front of America's family.
"Dear boy, are you alright?" Britain asked as he held out a box of tissues to the Russian, France walks over and rubs his back to comfort him, America followed him.
"I-im sorry.. I can't believe you actually accepted me.. I'm so thankful!" Russia says with a bright smile, tears still running down the boys face.
Britain stared at him confused before smiling softly.
"You know, I misjudged you. I was expecting you'd have your fathers rebellious and cocky attitude as well as his vengeance.. But I was wrong. I've never seen America as confident and happy with anyone but when he's with you he's... He's like a child again. I can't take that from him nor will I try to. Thanks you for being his best friend Russia." Britain said as he smiles at America who was speechless.
America scrambled to find his words.
"Father.. USSR has changed as well.. he's like you and mom but a little bit more badass.." America said as he quickly adverts his gaze a small blush on his cheeks as he smiles nervously.
Britain and France looked at each other before laughing at their son's childish comment.
"I have no doubts, they always say our children will become great based on how we raise them and what they see." Britain said as he looks at France who gives him a kind smile.
America smiles softly and pulls Russia into a gentle hug to calm him down, Russia has always been scared of Britain since USSR was never found of him. Russia hear many story of how the two clashed and ended up with devastating injuries, the thought made the Russian shiver but yet for some reason he felt safe.
Russia begins to have a small panic attack and immediately pulls away from America with fear.
"I-i! I-i C-C-can't B-B-Breathe!" Russia choked out as he begins gasping for air, tears begin to stream down his face as he cries out on pain. Britain and France began to panic, France jumped and darted to the end table next to the sofa in attempt to grab the phone to call USSR. America snaps his head over to France.
"Do not panic." America demanded as he slowly reaches for Russia's hands, Russia pulls away slightly then relaxed as he realizes is was America.
"I-i need you to clear you mind and focus on me okay?" America said as he gently and slowly pulls the taller male into his chest.
Russia only nodded an leaned into the smaller for comfort, France and Britain stood amazed as America had never been so calm in a situation.
"Mom... Can you bring me some strawberry acai lemonade?" America said softly as he looks up at France with a small smile. France nods and places the phone back on the hook before hesitantly walking to the kitchen. Britain then stood as well and went down a long narrow hall way and returned a little bit later with a box of tissues, America smiles and gave him a thankful look.
Britain nods and smiles.
'let me know if I can do anything, I'll be in the kitchen' Britain said softly as America nods and turns his full attention to Russia.
"Ruski.. Focus on me and breathing okay.?" America said as he tried to keep his concern and pains to a minimum.
Russia nods as he begins to grib onto America's shirt as he sobs again.
"R-remember, focus on me and only me, then work on your breathing." America said softly as his panicked increases, he didn't want Russia to see him panic so he remained calm.
"D-do you like dogs?" America said softly as he slowly rubs Russias back, Russia nods and gasped slightly.
"I-i Love S-small O-o-one with S-S-Short legs.." Russia said as he looks up at America with teary eyes, the sight shattered Americas heart.
America smiles softly and cups Russia's cheeks, he then uses his thumbs to wipe away Russia tears.
"Like corgis and winney dogs?" America asked as he rubs Russias puffy cheeks with his thumb.
"Y-yeah-.." Russia said as he begins to take deeps breaths in attempt to calm himself. America jumps as he did this so suddenly.
"P-please don't force it, take your time okay?" America said softly and smiles, Russia nods and closes his eyes, he begins to focus on his breathing and America's voice.
"I also like cats with short legs!" America said with a laugh as he glances down at Russia who only nods and burries his face into the small males chest, still gripping onto his shirt.
"Y-yeah like the munchkin cats?.." Russia mumbled out as he finally got his breathing under control, he glances up at America with teary eyes. America smiles softly and wipes away his tears again before covering his blushing face with his hand.
Russia looked to cute, his eyes were big, his face red and he looked so sad and yet so hopeful. The sight made America's face burn up and he quickly looks away, Russia noticed and laughs a little before burying his face back into America's chest.
"Y-Your so cute.." America said as he hid his face completely.