Mangetsu ni aimashō

She could only see darkness everywhere. Not a single ray of white light bursted out of nowhere. No matter how far her legs took her, it only led her to the same spot like she's on a treadmill, running endlessly on miles. It struck down her hopes of escaping this black room of horrors. A wave of heat rushed through her neck as she grasped on with her hand. 

'This doesn't feel right.'

She wanted to scream but her voice couldn't get out of her mouth. 

Just as the sound of a bell ringing in her head stopped, she finally opened her eyes, setting on the scenery before her; a bedcell supported by two locks of chains adjoined to the black brick wall, facing the cell bar in front of her. She lifted her head, staring at her wrists and legs being tied up with a braided rope. Well, things couldn't get better, she thought.

A metal creak made her look up to see someone walking into the cell. Her eyebrows slowly furrowed as Arcana walked in casually with a smirk stuck up on her face. 

"Enjoying the cell, princess? Or do you prefer to have your pillow more fluffed?" She sniggered, kneeling down to match her eye level.

"I'd rather rot in this cell," she grumbled, lurched forward like a furious animal being locked up in a cage. Her hands jolted out to give a splash, nothing happened as she stared in confusion. She then yelped in pain, dropping down to her knees as she noticed the glowing green aura beneath the rope for a moment.

"It's likely you're not going to do magic under my watch," she pouted her mouth as a mockery to Roxina's fearful expression.

Roxina looked at her as she paced towards a chain attached to the ground. Arcana chanted an unrecognized spell as the chain released a tiny spark, immediately disconnected itself.

Reaching onto the chain, she pulled it by force, bringing Roxina out of her cell. 

Most of the cells were hollow empty, she wondered if anyone had died here. She hadn't seen any skeletons so far, so it was a good sign.

Toying a key tied to the lanyard around her neck, she pushed through the keyhole on the metallic door and twisted the knob. As the two girls entered the corridor, the only sound they could hear was their footsteps. 

Somewhere on the same floor, she could hear the faded sound of someone grunting or something clashed against it.

"Where are you taking me?" She asked, eyeing the girl in front of her.

"Perhaps where you might like to watch."

Taking two lefts and straight ahead, they reached a metallic door. She pushed it to reveal a enormous laboratory; a clear cylinder in the size of a two storey mansion was filled with purple gook, groups of scientists were scattered on their solo or team tasks; experimenting lab animals with purple substance—protected in their cages—to take note of any effect happening on them, the aftermath and restructuring the lab animal's DNA and chemical combination. On the second floor, a few scientists tried to tackle a mutated animal into its cage, and a wide mouth chomped one of the spears before a ninja successfully barricaded in.

"Seraphina!" The poor girl was startled by her sister's call, pressing her thin lips before shooting a numb look at her sister.

"What are you doing?" Arcana put her right fist on her hips while the other held the rope. Roxina noticed the tense situation between the two girls.

"Sketching." She hid it on her lap. "I finished collecting data from the scientist. Just like how you asked me to."

She passed the data sheets to her. Grabbing it by force, she studied each result and received a mild nod before Arcana handed it back to her, only took account of the final result.