Silent Suffer - Part I

Rion finds training both fun and frustrating. He let out a grunt as his back harshly met the surface of the floor. Rion was trying to avoid the hit Luke gave but his quick reflexes blew him down.

'Damnit.'

His feet quickly regained his balance as he stared at his opponent. He lunged his fists at him but Luke dodged to the side from him like a swift breeze. His jaw set.

His knuckles balled up as he started throwing punches at him. He won't let Luke be the star of the show. When he's done, Luke gives him the same and Rion tries to avoid as fast as possible. His right leg bent the back of Luke's knee and he fell on his back.

Luke got up by rolling to the side when Rion was about to pounce on him like a predator. His arms crossed in front of his face when Rion threw his fists, trying to break.

Training has been extended to five times a week after Andrea and Max found out about the Burakku plan but it was only a minor part. And what Marceline and Catherine witnessed is another clue but it's not fully helping them to find out their scheme. The training ended with Luke topping off Rion with his arm pinned to his back and stomach laid on the ground.

"Yameru." (Stop.)

Their sensei, Master Kubo taught the art of ninjutsu. Kazuki is a family's name and martial art has been a legacy in the family. The tragic story of running away from Burakku has spread the extended family apart. None of them have stayed in touch for decades.

Rion and Luke got up at the same time before facing each other and gave a respectful bow. They both proceeded sitting with their knees on the floor and placed their hands on their legs. He explained that they're getting faster on the reflexes since they're all in their youth. Master Kubo reminded them to also stay in the shadows in order not to be noticed by anyone.

'At least one of us is better than the other.' Rion thoughtfully remarked.

"I never said you must be proud when you win easily to your opponent's defeat," his Japanese accent is still thick despite living in New York for more than two years.

"I didn't think that."

"I also never said you should admit what you said."

Rion looked away to hide his shame. Max's hands clasped over his mouth to hold back his snickers. Rion's head turned to him, shooting a glare at him as he morphed his playful facial into fearful one.

"Don't swallow your pride too well," he reminded him. He can sometimes be too proud of his so-called bravery.

"Yes, Sensei," he sighed.

"Luke, I would like to speak to you in private." His Japanese accent is still thick as if he never loses it. Four teenagers stood up before bowing to their sensei and leaving the dojo. Luke nodded as he obeyed his father's words.

Danny parted from his siblings to head to his lab, enjoying his alone time. The other three stepped into the kitchen. Kashimi grabbed three bottles from the mini fridge. They can feel the water going down their throats. Rion only had a white towel to wipe across his face and hung on his shoulder.

"Max, you've gotta talk to Andrea. You two haven't been looking at each other the other day."

"Naze anata wa hokanohito no bijinesu de son'nani urusakunakereba naranai nodesu ka?" They would sometimes talk in their native tongues but to Max, he only talks when he feels the topic is sensitive or is bothering him lately. ("Why do you have to be so nosy in other people's business?")

"Can't let you guys be like this forever. You liked her." She glanced at him, palming her hands on the table. She has been hoping he wouldn't chickened out when he told her he liked her but the bold and idiotic move he showed is downright wrong.