Vulnerability

Eliana's eyes scanned the algebra questions written on her paper while the pencil between her index and middle finger fiddled. The pressure is on her for next week's algebra test. She never felt so stressful before. She always knew she had a perfect score on every test because everyone in her class always praised her for being a perfect person. She's practically Mary Poppins in every way.

But someone's been bothering her in her mind.

She sighed in defense and grabbed a book with a brown leather hardcover from her bookshelf in front of her. Out of all the people, he has always been on her mind. He made her like a mother to him. Even when she's annoyed by his childlike act to only her, her heart flutters at his amused face.

His tease.

His childish attitude.

His smile.

His eyes.

'God!'

She slammed her book shut and let out a helpless grunt. Why can't she focus like she always does? Her fingers rubbed her temple, feeling her mad fury spiraling under her skin.

A knock on her door brought her back to reality.

"Come in."

A woman dressed in a blue navy dress shirt along with a pencil skirt and black heels. Her platinum blonde hair tied in a hair bun and lovely small silver diamonds hanging on her earlobes. Even in her 40s, she still looks like a twenty year old. Wrinkles drawn on the corner of her mouth as she smiled warmly at the girl.

"Hello, Eliana dear."

"Hello, mother."

"Your friend, Andrea, is here."

"She is?" She didn't expect her to come at all unless she meant something important.

"Okay, I'll be out in a moment."

Soon, she heard footsteps upon her door and laid her eyes on Andrea standing by her door as she waved her hand to her. Dressed in short jeans with a flower themed blouse along her brown leather sandals. Her hair tied in low ponytails and a green necklace displayed around her neck.

"Hi."

"Hi." She stepped in her blue themed room. Eliana loved the colour. It calms her just the way she likes, only to be feeling despised by the fact he loves the same damn colour.

"What made you come here?"

She can hear her feet shuffled on her floor but her voice hasn't come out. Eliana knew the rules between them; if one of them is quiet, something's definitely on the mind.

"Do you need something to get it off your chest?"

"Max kissed me." She pointed out sharply.

Her hands clamped into fists as she shut her eyes closed. The memory of his lips pasted on her tingled her stomach with visible churning.

"He kissed you?" Her lips parted as if a tiny heavyweight tied to her jaw. She knew Max and Andrea had a thing for each other but she never expected to be this soon.

"Yes." She decided to explain all about it from hanging out to leaving her at the hostage store. She even told her about the plan that Darla had in store for them but left it at the store's basement. She let out a cry of hooray for their discovery but she went back to her kiss issue.

"So, what did you do?"

"Nothing."

"At all?"

"I mean, my mind froze. I had no idea what to do."