Giving A Book

The sky was sunny but clouds were guarding its brightness, much to people's please. The temperature dropped to a minimum and Raziella walked along the streets with Shinellyn on her left side, ranting on a subject she doesn't listen. Her mind seemed to wander somewhere, particularly last night. The way how Rion looked at her eyes, his eyes were full of worries and pleading dancing around.

"Uh-hum," a voice cleared out, her eyes focused on Shinellyn who crossed her arms while tapping her foot. Her eyes knew what she was going to say.

"Are you listening to me?" She scowled, waiting for her answer.

"I'm sorry," She looked away, trying to shake her thoughts away.

"What are you thinking?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Nothing," her timid voice answered.

For a moment, a smirk appeared across her face, "Were you thinking of someone?"

A blush reddened her face and shook her head, "No, I'm not," she protested.

"C'mon, you gotta tell me who! I want to know who's the lucky guy," she nudged her shoulder playfully, adding a tint of pink to her cheeks. She doesn't know her feelings for him were real or just playing in her head. The scene kept rolling into her mind as if she's attached to it.

After they arrived at the lair, Raziella noticed the auburn hair sitting in the corner. She walked towards him, only to discover something that made her eyes widen and a gasp escaped her mouth.                            

"What happened to your hands!?" She exclaimed to see his hands wrapped up with a cloth that wasn't enough to cover up his bruise; dried blood soaked through the cloth. He looked up with an emotionless expression on his face.

"It's just a mere wound. . .no big deal," he obliged.

"Where's the first aid kit?" He looked up to talk back but nothing came out of his mouth so he closed it back and looked away. It's no use to talk back to her.

"The kitchen," his words were like a whisper but was loud enough for her to hear as she got up on her feet and walked to the kitchen. Raziella saw Kashimi sitting at the table as she greeted he friendly guest.

"Hi, may I ask where the first aid kit is?"

"Over there, the second cabinet on your left," the blonde girl took it out and thanked Kashimi who nodded before leaving the kitchen.

"Here," she took out some white bandages, small glass bottles and wools. "Now, give me your hand."

Sighing in defense, he gave his left hand to her for inspection. She muttered under her breath, hoping he wouldn't listen. She took some wool to dip the liquid as she dabbed it carefully.

"You're good at doing this," was all she heard the words coming out of his mouth. His eyes wasn't looking at her but on the ground. Silence was thickening above them until she broke it.

"I-i learned this from my mom. She works in the hospital." Her eyes focusing on the bandage.

"That's nice," he said bluntly.

After finishing both of his hands, he thanked her and she said welcome in return.

"Don't you wanna hang out with them?" She questioned, looking at her friends and his brothers talking while some of them bursted into sudden laughter.

"Who wants to hang out with me?" His brows furrowed and lips pressed. Feeling left out made  him a little satisfied but her answer took a surprising turn for his ears.

"I do," he looked up to see if she's joking but she wasn't. "And I don't want you to feel left out." Her sweet shy voice hit through his dark melancholy heart. 'And it hurts me to see you being like this, actually.'