Conflicted

His conscious kept dragging him back to the kiss replaying in the screen of his mind. It didn't just itches him but also crawls like black vines coated with sharp thrones snaking on his skin before he can say hello to his dream college.

No matter how well he compose himself through his daily routine but at night, his lungs begged him to scream out. It stayed in his mind. The wrench gripped in his right hand twisted the bolts on the engine.

"So, you're taking the engineering courses?" Danny snapped back to reality. He had forgotten she's here.

"Most likely," his eyes darted through the inner engine and examined to be sure there's no leaking as he continued to tighten the nuts and bolts, "Though I'm still thinking of taking chemistry. I don't know, I still have a long way to think."

Raziella nodded as her pencil drew out her math sheet settling on the table. She has been working well with her math assignments.

"So, what do you want me to be here?"

His mouth parted but he felt a presence walking in his lab. Their heads turned to see an auburn haired guy grab a handle of the mini fridge and a bottle in his hand before turning the cap and bringing the head to his mouth. He huffed a breath of relief after a good workout he was in earlier.

He only had a black shirt with no sleeves sewn and black shorts on. His muscles flexed when craning his neck from side to side. Raziella's face reddened before she looked back on her paper in sure he wouldn't notice. However, Danny shook his head and pinched the bridge of his nose. A sigh flowed out of his mouth.

He had enough his older brother's shitty attitude.

"Rion, there is a reason why we have a fridge in the kitchen," the brown haired boy groaned. To think older siblings are supposed to be good role models for the littles. Guess the table has turned.

"Doesn't make sense why you can have your own," he fought back with his back facing him.

"I did it for research, Rion!" He cried as his hands somehow hold out invisible balls in his palms.

"Yet, you put your soda can for refreshment," he smirked as he turned to face him but instantly dropped it when he spotted the familiar blonde.

"What is she doing here?"

Her heart almost skipped. It's been a while since a guy noticed her presence.

"None of your business and get out," he pointed to the lab door wide open.

He shrugged it off to his little brother but he wished he could stay and talk to her. Before he walked out, he had a glance of her eyes staying on the papers before she lifted her head. She glanced at him with the jade green eyes he admired.

'Damnit,' the tips of his ears flushed but soon disappeared in their sight.

"Now, back to where we were talking-" Danny stopped mid sentence when he noticed Raziella fidgeting with her pencil in her hands.

"Um, Rose? Are you alright?"

"Yeah, um. . . just this one question," she looked up.

"Okay, ask away,"

"Is he. . ." she pointed back to the lab door in hopes that Danny would get the idea. Once he looked at the door, he returned to face her while an eyebrow raised. "Him?"

She nodded but she hoped that he wouldn't get the idea that she, for some reason, felt okay when he's around.

The night when she thought she was going to fall to her death and thought that God is ready to take her descended soul to a better place. But thanks to God's beautiful mercy, she was saved by a warrior with emerald green eyes within the metallic helmet. She was thankful for him and wished she could talk to him like a normal person. It's sad she had to live with social anxiety.