Chapter: 29

"Close your eyes and focus on seeing the future", Calista instructed, " Does any special image comes to your mind regarding us?"

Emy did as Calista said. But her efforts were futile.

"No, nothing." She said.

"You don't have the power of clairvoyance, Emy." Calista stated.

Emy was disappointed. She thought predicting the future was cool. She had always wanted that ability.

Calista instructed her to try out another set of abilities. But they too were futile. None of them matched Emy's power.

"Let's try shape shifting next." Calista urged.

Emy was hopeless yet she focused her mind on shifting herself.

" Emy, this is awesome." Calista squealed.

Emy opened her eyes.

"What happened? Did it work?" She asked, excited.

Calista vamp sped to her room and came back with a mirror in her hand. She propped up the mirror to Emy.

Emy was surprised. She saw Calista's reflection on the mirror instead of hers.

"Wait, is this really me?" Emy queried.

"Yesss!", Calista squealed again, "Your ability is shape shifting."

Emy was surprised. She was overjoyed to find out her ability.

"So, you thought of me before you activated your ability, huh? Calista asked.

"Is that why I changed to you?' Emy asked back.

Calista nodded her head as a 'yes'.

At night, Emy woke up from Calista's bed. She glanced at Calista who slept peacefully beside her. Emy walked to the mirror. She thought of James in her mind and focused on that thought. She was surprised when she opened her eyes. James's reflection reflection reflected in the mirror.

Her eyes welled up with tears as she saw James in the mirror. She touched herself so that the reflection did the same.

"Jamie, I will bring you back no matter what." She thought.

Just when she sensed Neorah shifting in her bed,Emy concentrated on her mother and immediately and shifted to her mother's form.

Calista woke up and saw Emy shifted into her mother's form. Calista noticed that she was crying.

"Emy?" Calista called sleepily.

Emy turned to Calista, her eyes flowing with tears.

"Why are you crying, Emy?

"I miss my mother", she whimpered, " I really wish I could see her again."

It was true. Emy did miss her mother. But not as much as she missed James.

Calista hugged her.

"I'm here for you, Emy. I won't leave your side." Calista promised.