Chapter:10

After ensuring the death of the last person in that room, Emy walked away from there. She felt much relieved than before. She walked to the park and sat on a bench.

The cool breeze that wandered through the park caressed her. They brought her memories of the time she spent with James in the same park.

She shut her eyes right and leaned back on the bench. She tried her best to control her tears from overflowing. She wanted to be strong. Yet, her mind was weak.

Suddenly, what happened at the Stevenson Residence was recalled in her mind. She analysed her hands but felt no change.

"What the hell is happening to me?" She questioned herself but was left unanswered.

Days passed.

She never went back to the Stevenson Residence. She went on killing people to forget her miseries and to be happy.

Her lust for blood was high but controllable. Yet, she decided not to control it. She wanted to be free. To be fearless. She wanted to be the monster, everyone fears. She wanted to be another Jacob.

One day she went to the same park. She had worn a hoodie so that no one would notice her. Her pictures were on the news after the dormitory attack she committed. The CCTVs' had caught her pictures which proved to the world that she was a danger.

She sat on a bench and glanced at everyone in the park. People were chatting, reading, walking their dogs, children playing -  a perfect place for their enjoyment.

Suddenly her eyes landed on a small girl. She had fallen and her leg was bruised. Blood flowed down her leg and she wept in pain.

Emy stood up from her place and walked towards her. The girl looked at her, tears flooding her eyes.

Emy kneeled beside her.

"It's ok, sweetheart. Don't cry. We girls should be strong." Emy advised the little girl.

Emy helped her get up and made her sat on the bench.

"Where is your Mom?" She asked the girl.

"Mommy is busy talking on the phone." She replied.

Emy smiled and patted her head.

"What's your name, sweety?"

"Bella", she replied

"Do you have a baby inside your belly?" Bella asked, touching her little bump.

"Yes, I do," Emy answered, smiling.

"This is the real you." A voice came from behind her.

Emy turned towards the familiar voice.

"What are you doing here, Jacob?" She questioned.

"Looking for you." He said.

"Why?"

Jacob pulled out the newspaper he had and threw it into her hands.

"See for yourself."

Emy glanced through the newspaper to see a picture of her pinning someone to the wall. Her mouth and hands were covered in blood.

Bella stared at the picture and was terrified.

"You are a demon." She spoke, taken aback.

She was terrified. Her eyes welled up again, in fear.

She got down from the bench and tried to run but fell as her legs were weak. Emy rushed to her with her vampire speed to help her. Bella screamed and shoved away her hand.

"Mommy! Mommy! Help! A Demon!" She screamed.

Emy sat in panic. She never tried to hurt her yet, Bella was scared of her. Emy's eyes flooded with tears. Her humanity was slowly returning to her.

Jacob, noticing all these, grabbed her hand.

"Let's go." He said, knowing that's what's best for her.

With their vampiric speed, they sped off to a distant place.

Emy couldn't stop her tears since her humanity was back. Jacob tried his best to help her, but it didn't stop Emy from crying.

"I can't take this. I am better without humanity." She mumbled.

"Emy, no. Don't do it." He said.

"You are not the one who decide things for me, Jacob" She declared.

"No, I am not. Which is why I pleading you not to do it."

Emy glanced at him.

"I know why you are doing this. I too switched off my humanity when I lost someone precious to me. So I know how you feel. But the thing is, it's useless. We have to accept fate and move on." He said.

Emy listened to him in silence. He was right. She had to move on and live for her baby.

"I understand you get immense pleasure when you switch off your humanity and kill people. But don't you regret it when you are back to yourself?" Jacob asked.

Emy didn't utter a word. Jacob was right in every way. She couldn't deny anything.

"You know why that girl ran away from you, don't you? She was scared of you. She thought of you as a demon. Do you want your daughter to see you the same?"

That question stroke her hard. She stared at Jacob in shock.

"Do you think James want you to be like this?" He asked again, searching for the weakest spot in her to divert her from her decision.

"He loved the compassionate Emy. It would tear his heart to see you this way." He added.

Emy burst out into tears. She wailed loudly. Seeing her that way broke his heart too. He pulled her to him and comforted her.

"Jacob... What have I done? I --- I killed people... My own friends... I attacked Kate and Seth. I am a demon. I should die." She let out in between her sobs.

Jacob pressed her tightly to him.

"The Emy I know is not and will never be a demon. You will be normal. It's because of your sudden transformation and all that happened in your life that made you a demon. " He lifted her face with his hand and stared into her eyes.

"Go back to your home. Feed from only blood bags. Forget about all the murders you have committed." He whispered.

Emy noticed his pupils dilating and constricting when he said that.

"Jacob, how can I forget them? And how will I face my family after everything I have done to them?" She questioned.

Jacob stared at her aghast.

"I just tried to compel you!" He clamoured.

"I guess it won't work on me." She replied.

"What??!!" He asked, astonished.

Emy explained what happened at the Stevenson residence. Jacob blinked in surprise.

"Wait, you attacked Aiten? Like... Seriously?" He couldn't believe it.

"Why would I lie to you?"She asked back.

"How exactly did you become a vampire, Emy?"

That's when she thought about it.

"How exactly did I die?" She asked herself.

                  (To be continued)
__________________________________

Hey guys,

Another quick update!!
I guess I am getting ample time now😄.
So, how are you, people? Hope you all are fine.
How was this chapter? Did you like it?
Please let me know if there are any spelling or grammar mistakes. I am not a pro in English. So definitely I will make mistakes 😁.
Hit the star and comment on how you feel about this chapter if you liked this.

Bye then, see you in the next update...

Love,
Scorpio