Chapter: 22

The next morning.

The doorbell rang and Kate sped to the door to answer it. It was Penelope. Kate gestured for her to come in and have a seat. 

" The task is complete" Penelope stated.

"Thank you so much, Penelope. Tell me what you want in return. You can demand anything." Kate offered.

"She's got what she wanted," Aiten stated, walking down the stairs, Seth following him.

"Wow, thanks Aiten" Penelope thanked him and left after a small chit-chat.

Kate tapped on Aiten's shoulder and asked him, 

"What did Penelope what in return? Kate asked Aiten.

" She wanted two things" Aiten answered, " One, a position at the dark army, and the second, a hundred million dollars."

"What?!" Kate gasped.

"You could have told us, Aiten," Seth said.

"Why would I do that? Emy isn't a stranger to me. She is like my daughter. " Aiten stated.

Kate grabbed his hands and thanked him. She wept uncontrollably.

" Where might she be now?" Kate asked, sobbing, " I miss her so much."

"We all miss her, Kate," Seth said, hugging her, " And we will definitely find her soon and bring her back to normal life."

**********************************

Calista woke up with a smile on her face. Emy was already awake.

"Good morning, love." Emy gave a kiss on Calista's forehead.

"Good morning, gorgeous," she replied tucking in a strand of hair that was falling on Emy's face.

A long silence lingered there. Emy crawled to Calista and laid on her chest. Calista hugged her with one arm and played with her curls with the other.

"What are you thinking?" Emy asked.

" I was thinking how better I am than Jacob". Calista said with a chuckle."He too has feelings for you and you know that. Yet, you chose me. "

Emy giggled.

"So, you were having a competition with him?"

"Sort of," Calista replied.

They laughed together.

Emy stared into her eyes. 

"From now on you are mine and no matter what, I am not leaving you."

"I love you, Emy." Calista avowed.

"Love you too, Calista." She replied.

Calista got dressed and got out of the room after a morning romance.

"Plan A accomplished." Emy thought with a smirk on her face.