Chapter:7

"Calista?" Emy gasped.

"Who the hell are you?" James questioned, pulling Emy to his side as a protective measure.

"She is your stepsister," Emy answered.

James was astonished.

"How did you know?" He asked.

"Well... Jacob told her." Calista said sarcastically.

James was confused.

"He came to see me the night before our wedding. That's when he informed me about her. She is here to take her revenge on us for killing Neorah." Emy explained.

"That was one reason I came here. But now, I have another reason - you are cheating my stepbrother." Calista clarified.

James looked at her, terrified.

"Shut up, you bitch. How dare you say that?" Emy yelled and gestured to hit her. But James pulled her back and enclosed her in his arms.

"Calista, as for your mother, she deserves her death. I am ready to fight you back. But if you are here for me, then I would suggest you go back. You don't need to worry about me. I trust her." James replied, his voice reverberating in the room.

"Do you trust her even when she spends her little time, kissing your enemy?" Calista mocked.

James stared at Calista in disbelief.

"Do you remember the party night, on the day you killed my mother? I saw Emy and Jacob kissing." She justified.

Emy was shocked. This wasn't something she expected her to see. She shivered in fear.

"Can you deny that, Emy?" Calista asked her.

She stood silently, her head bowing down in guilt. Her heart pounded against her ribs as if it would explode any moment. She cursed herself for what she did.

"Emy, answer me. Did you kiss him?" James questioned.

"Yes." Emy agreed.

James couldn't take it. He felt his heart shattering into a million pieces. He kneeled down in pain.

"James, but not that way. He was the one who kissed me unexpectedly. Not me. And I warned him not to do that again." Emy justified.

James didn't reply. He was writhing in pain. He clenched his chest.

"James, I swear I wasn't cheating on you. Please believe me." Emy burst into tears.

"This was what I wanted. To make him weak and helpless. And I succeeded." Calista sneered.

Both Emy and James snapped their heads to her side.

"Please don't hurt him. Kill me. I killed your mother, not him." Emy pleaded.

That's when James understood what Calista's true intentions were. He couldn't move due to the pain he was undergoing. He knew it was the same broken heart syndrome he suffered from, years ago when Emy rejected him for the first time.

"I know that and I want to kill you inch by inch for that. But I need his life to bring back my mother. He is the one who has my mother's blood running through his body. And you will be more devastated if I take his life instead of yours." Calista spoke.

"No!!! You won't do it. I won't allow you to take him away from me." Emy roared and attempted to strangle her, which failed.

Calista casted a spell on Emy. She fell to the floor and gasped in pain.

Calista smiled at her evilly.

"I didn't want to do it. But you made me do it." She added.

James noticed that. He stared at her and fear engulfed his heart.