Chapter:14

"Until you met me?" Emy asked surprised.

"Yes," He replied, the edges of his lips curving upwards into a light smile.

"What's so special about me?"

Jacob leaned forward.

"Your eyes... Your hair... Your smile... Everything is similar to my Gwen's."

Emy felt her face flushing. The way he stared at her created goosebumps in her.

Jacob noticed her face and leaned back.

"When I came to your school, I intended to kill Katherine's best friend to break her heart. But when I saw you, I felt like my Gwen was reincarnated. That's when my humanity returned to me." He sighed and continued,

"I tried many times to not fall for you. But I couldn't. And at last, I fell for my enemy." He laughed.

"I am your enemy?" She asked amazed.

"Not anymore." He smiled.

"But Maria's words still chime in my head. Rich girls always want more." He murmured.

"No, that's not true, Jacob. I am not sure about other rich girls. But Kate and Max are an exception. They never wanted your wealth. Kate loved you truly. Max loved you even more." Emy argued.

"Katherine went behind my back and planned with Max to kill me!" He yelled.

"It was Anna who made her do it. She was the one behind everything." She explained.

"But she came after me for revenge."

"She came after you because you killed her parents." She took a long breath and continued, " Jacob, you know how you felt when Maria killed your father, don't you? She felt the same. That's why she came after you."

Jacob felt a wave of guilt slamming him with great pressure. Emy was right. She tried to avenge her parents' death just like how he avenged his father's.

"And for Max, you killed her child without mercy. Actually, your child, you killed your child. Is it not natural for her to hate you, Jacob?" Emy questioned.

Jacob's eyes stung when tears filled them. He felt his heart heavy with remorse. Suddenly he burst into tears.

Emy was surprised to see that. He was a tyrant in her mind. Seeing him cry was a shock as well as a surprise for her.

"I am a monster, Emy!" He sobbed, "I don't deserve to live."

"You were a monster, not anymore. Every vampire kills people. Even I killed people. So it's not a fault. When we lose our control, we do things that we shouldn't. When I switched off my humanity, you were there to bring me back. But there was no one for you." She justified.

Jacob stared into her eyes with pain.

"How can you still justify my actions, Emy?" He asked.

"I would never have justified you if I hadn't known your story. You are a kind-hearted man who lost everything precious to you. You didn't have a choice. It's not your fault." She replied.

"I want to apologise to both of them. That's all I can do now."

"You must do it. She smiled and tapped his shoulder in happiness.

She was happy that she made him realise his mistakes.

Next day.

"Emy! What is the meaning of all this?" Jacob yelled at her pointing to the news on the TV.