Chapter-8

Jacob ran as fast as he could to save James. He knew how much James was valuable to her and it killed him to see Emy in a condition without James. James was the light of her life and he knew that well. He ran with his vampire speed to save, the one he hates the most for the one he loves the most. But it was too late when he reached his house.

Calista was igniting a fire and casting spells while he returned.

"Stop it, Calista," he demanded.

"Jacob, don't disturb me. I am trying to bring back my mother." She reacted.

"Are you going to bring that filthy bitch by sacrificing his life?" He questioned her with fury.

Calista casted another spell which pinned Jacob to the wall. He struggled but failed to escape from the magical web created by Calista.

"Calista, please don't do it. I beg you." he pleaded.

"Jacob, he is the only thing that separates Emy from you. So if he is gone she will be all yours." Calista justified and chanted her spells.

"I don't want her like that. So please Calista, don't do this." he requested again.

Calista ignored him and resumed her herculean task.

Finally, James rose in the air and fell with an immense force. Jacob understood that he was dead. The fire that was previously ignited was extinguished. And inside the smoke, a disfigured body, which almost seemed like smoke itself, came out. She stepped outside and changed to a familiar figure Jacob was well aware of.

"Neorah?" he whispered.

"Welcome back, Mom." Calista hugged and greeted her.

"Thank you, honey." Neorah smiled.

She eyed at her son, whose motionless body was laid down.

"Don't you think he deserves a funeral?" Neorah asked.

"Certainly. I will get rid of him in my way." She smirked and Neorah laughed at the answer given by her daughter.

Next day.

It was Nancy's funeral. Max and Aiten returned as soon as they heard the news.

Albert and Seth were quiet. Both of them had lost an important person in their life and James was missing. That was a lot for everyone to take. Emy was still unconscious as she was under transformation.

The pack members were sad too. Nancy's sister, Aurelia was there. She wept uncontrollably at the loss of her sister.

"What happened, Seth?" Aurelia inquired.

"She sacrificed her life for someone important to her." He answered, coldly.

He was in a terrible condition since Nancy died. Kate was worried about him. She was worried about everyone. She knew that she would get her answers only when Emy wakes up and that she would have to wait patiently until then.

Everyone said their eulogies. Seth hesitated to bury her. He sobbed like a small kid. Albert and Aiten consoled him.

It was a tough day for everyone except Emy. She slept peacefully while her inner self was under transformation.

After a few days, Emy woke up as a vampire. Kate was near her when she woke up. She was eagerly waiting for that moment so that she would get the answers regarding James and what happened to her back then.

Emy sat upright on the bed and looked around. Suddenly she remembered everything that happened to her back then.

"Kate...My baby..." She voiced aloud with the panic illuminating her eyes.