Chapter -17

After that arrived the most beautiful days of my life. Even in between the torments of my uncle, he made me happy in his way. I learnt powerful spells from the books he gave me. But I couldn't practice them since my hands were cuffed with those magic cuffs that prevented me from doing it.

But my happiness was numbered as my uncle watched everything secretly.

On my sixteenth birthday, Theon presented me with an incredible gift. It looked the same as the handcuff on my hands. But it didn't stop me from doing magic. Instead, it doubled the powers I had.

"Thank you so much." I thanked him, while the happy tears were streaming down my eyes.

He hugged me tight and said,

"Actually, I also have another gift for you." He stated.

He unlocked my handcuffs with the key he stole from my uncle and replaced it with the new one he brought.

"What is it?" I asked, excited.

"I bought a home for us with my savings, on the island across the river. It's far from here. No one will find you." He answered.

"Really?" I squealed in delight.

"Yes, sweetheart. I will arrange a boat for us to leave tonight. When I return, be ready to come with me." He said, placing a kiss on my forehead.

That was the happiest moment in my life. I was thrilled to experience my days of freedom with Theon. I dreamt of our happy family that comprised of him, me and our children.

Time passed. I waited eagerly for his return. After a long time, I heard some footsteps. I was so enthusiastic to be finally free from that hell. But when the sounds turned into sight, I was shocked. It wasn't a sight that I ever expected.

William walked in followed by his friends. They were dragging Theon all the way. He was harshly injured and was unconscious.

I stood up in shock and tried to rush to him. But the chains blocked me and I fell down.

William caught me by my hair and slapped me hard.

"Trying to escape with your lover, huh?" He asked in a mocking tone.

"Leave him alone or I will kill you." I spat.

He slapped me again.

"You filthy bitch! How dare you talk to me like that?"

Suddenly my vampire side was activated. My fangs emerged and my eyes turned blood red.

He was taken aback. He was enraged and ordered his friends to beat Theon.

"No... No..please don't.." I pleaded returning to my normal self.

An evil smile was formed on William's face.

"So he is your weakness. He is the reason for your disobedience." He stated.

He walked to Theon and held his face up.

"Such a pathetic boy. He served me for years and yet he had the nerve to betray me. Don't you think he deserves a punishment?" William mocked, turning to me.

I swallowed the lump in my throat. My body shivered from fright.

William took out a knife from his pocket and stabbed it in Theon's chest. His eyes opened as the knife caused him pain. He cried in pain.

I stood in shock. I couldn't react. I felt my whole body freezing. The blood oozed out from his wound like a never-ending river. He stared into my eyes and smiled for the last time.