Chapter 40

Anastasia's POV

The day has finally ended. Everyone was back home. After Lori announced about us being pregnant, everyone was rubbing my stomach and congratulating us. Jasmine was also a cute little baby. Her features are both of Marco and Tats. I was in the boys' room, tucking them to bed. Lori was in our room doing what I don't know.

After they were all fast asleep and tired from the whole day, I walked back into mine to see the room decorated with red rose petals as if it was our first night. It was a heart shaped design in between.

"Lori, what is all this for?" I asked, looking at him as he walked towards me with slow wild steps. "Congratulations baby." He placed one hand on my stomach and the other on my jaw. "To you too." I replied, wrapping my hand on his jaw. "Ana, this isn't fair." He pouted, grabbing my hand and walking me towards the bed. "What isn't fair?" I was confused.

"Everybody is rubbing your tummy for being pregnant but nobody scratched my balls for doing the job." He frowned mockingly. "I won't let anybody come near you let alone touch you. These balls only belong to me so you better not even think of letting someone else touch it. Got it!?" I threatened.

"I love you baby." He kissed me gently after the fun night and picked me up because this time I honestly can't stand straight or walk properly on my legs. "I love you." I answered, smiling at him. "Sit in. I'll-" "change the sheets and be back, right?" I asked, interrupting him. He nodded at me and kissed my forehead. "Lori, get in now, we'll change the sheets together." I grabbed his hand and brought him in. "If my love says so then." He sat beside me and slid his hand behind my back.

In no time he was behind me caressing my shoulders to arms to stomach and it stopped there. Our baby. Back then, after boys, the doctor had said that it'd be near to impossible for me to conceive another baby. But now, after knowing it, I'm just more than happy. I didn't know that the 'near to impossible' case could even come true. This baby is a miracle. "Why is my love so quiet today?" Lori asked from behind me. "I was just thinking... About this baby. Remember Lori, I had told you that my doctor had said it'd be near to impossible for me to conceive another baby. But after listening to the news of me getting pregnant, I just couldn't stop my inner self from dancing. This baby is going to be a miracle Lori. I'm so happy. I'm so happy that this time you'd be with me. I'm so happy that this baby will get to enjoy the childhood stage perfectly, unlike the boys. You know Lori, boys had all been alone their whole childhood. I just couldn't give them enough time or love I should've. I wanted to come to you, I wanted them to meet their father, I really wanted to... But I didn't have the guts to be honest. I thought that what happened back then, that you cheated, would happen again. But none of them was true, I was so wrong. Just because of my ego, my babies had to suffer. Even while pregnant I was alone. No one to take care of. No one even lent me a shoulder to cry or pick me up when I used to fall down from the chair due to unconsciousness. No one to hold back my hair or stroke my back while I was puking my guts off. No one bought me ice cream in the middle of the night when I was craving it. No one to comfort me in the worst of my pains. No one to console me when I screamed and cried my lungs out. No one Lori. No one. I begged and cried for better living. For a better life that I could give my boys but I failed Lori. I failed." I cried in his arms that were wrapped around my stomach and his head on my shoulder. He wiped my tears and picked me, quickly wrapping me inside a towel.

He sat me on the bed and wiped my tears. He slowly got on his knees and I noticed he had tears in his eyes too but he didn't let them fall. "It's okay Ana. Now I'm here. And I promise you that I won't ever leave you alone. I have already given the notice to board members that I won't go to office for fifteen months from today and dad will take over in my absence. I will always stay by your side. I will take care of you, I will lend you a shoulder to cry on though I hate to see even a single tear falling off of your beautiful eyes. I will pick you up when you fall, though I'm not going to let you even stand on your legs let alone fall down. I will hold back your hair and stroke your back while you're puking out your guts, though I wouldn't ever wish for that to happen. I will buy you ice cream in the middle of the night when you're craving it, though I have already stuffed the whole fridge with your favourite flavoured ice creams in it. I will comfort you in the worst of your pains though I wish you don't have any of them and even if you get in pain then I'll try to take it away in any possible way. I will console you when you would be screaming or crying though I would hate to see you scream or cry in pain. I promise you And. I'll do everything you want me to. You will get everything you didn't get last time. I will love you so much until you get bored of me. You and this baby will get a lot of love." He hugged me wrapping his arms around my waist and kissed my stomach. He looked back at me and I saw a tear slipping down his eyes. I know he's feeling guilty about the past.

"Lori, I... I don't know what to say. I love you. Really I do." I said as I pecked his forehead wiping his tears. "You don't have to say anything. Your presence is more than enough for me" he got up and went towards the wardrobe to get us the PJs. "Hey Lori, it's boys' birthday this Saturday." I exclaimed. "That leaves us four days. But Ana, they don't have many friends because in school too the three of them are more than enough for them. What should we do?" He asked. True. They don't have any friends.

"Let's just ask them how they want to celebrate it tomorrow. Now let's go to sleep, it's already what?" I asked yawning. "Yes my love, it's almost three. Let's sleep now and don't wake up early tomorrow." That reminds me!

"Hey Lori, why would you ask for fifteen months leave? Baby will come to the world in just six months, then why the extras?" I asked, remembering what he told me earlier. "Do you think so mean of me Ana? That once the baby is in the world, I'll leave my baby and go to the office? Hell no. I'll spend time with the baby, spoil my baby and make them jealous by hugging you or kissing you, just like the boys get jealous. Because all my attention is towards you and it always is." He replied. Damn he's too good to be true for me.

"Don't you think you're too good at all these things?" I asked. "Oh that, my wife is teaching me that. Please don't get jealous of her and cast any evil spirit on her. I love her with my whole heart." He chuckled at me and picked me gently sitting me on his chair where he sits and does his office work. "Don't stand up. I'll do the sheets." He ordered and I saluted him. "You and your ways to spoil me. Don't spoil the baby this much too. Lord forbid if she never -" he placed his finger on my lips before I said anything evil about the baby.

"Don't you dare Ana. I won't spoil her as much as I do to you. You're special from my babies don't you know that? You're my babies' baby. You're superior to the most superior person on this earth. So nothing comes above you. Not even my own self." His sweet words make my heart flutter. He quickly changed the sheet and just when I was about to stand up, he stood in front of me and picked me up again and off we went to sleep with me buried in his chest and his arm tightening on my waist and bringing me as close to him as possible.