Chapter 11

Anastasia's POV

"Hey Tasia..." She whispered, smiling warily at me. "Hey Tasia? You bitch you left me on my birthday when this all was going to come up and I was almost emotionally wrecked and needed some same age support. But no. You chose that leaving me was better than sitting there by my side." I threw a pillow at her and she came near smiling cutely. Her smile is so very cute that anyone can get melted by it.

"Tats. How did this all happen? I mean you, Lori's dad and all?" I was obviously still curious about this because from the first day I was only told that she is from their side but how is still a mystery.

"You see Tasia... As you already know that my mom died the moment I opened my eyes. My dad used to work for Lorenzo's father and when we got to know that he has stomach cancer, all the treatment and operations were done with the money of Lorenzo's dad. I was and am very grateful to them. The people whose place we had taken for rent asked us to move out. Then I was brought to my uncle's place. I wanted to return the debt but I didn't have money. Sir even insisted that there's no need to but I was being very stubborn. Slowly I started learning how to fight and then I joined the team. When my uncle told me that I needed a friend, I was more than happy. Whenever Lorenzo used to come back by meeting you, he used to spill out about almost many beans about how good you are and all. And fate heard my wish. We became friends. I was more than happy. You know the rest now.." She ended her long speech.

I hugged her tightly and sat like that for a few minutes. Soon she sat up and was with her old self again. "So how's it with you and boss?" "First of all don't call Lori boss. And second of all, we're super close. It's like it no longer feels that there was even a gap of six years. Things are amazing... We are amazing... And we also love each other. Still." I whispered the last word as she jumped on the bed.

"I knew it! I so god dammit knew that you were still into him and of course he loves you back. Now that little punk Marco owes me a thousand bucks." She screamed but it seemed like she immediately regretted it. "I have some work I'll be right back." Before saying or listening to anything else, she ran away. My instinct is now stronger that there is something going on between them.

I walked to my room and saw Lori walking out of the washroom. "Hey, I was just about to call you. Telepathy hun!" He chuckled. "Telepathy indeed. Just like before." I walked towards him and pecked him. This has I guess now become my regular thing. If you have nothing to do then go and kiss your husband. Ehehe

"Ana, we have to go for dinner tonight at my parent's place." He informed me, playing with my hair. "Why all of a sudden? I mean there's no issue but is everything okay?" I asked, placing a hand on his chest. He grabbed that hand and turned me now my back touching his front as we looked in the mirror.

"Everything is fine sweetheart, they said they want to meet us and your parents too, first time after the wedding for dinner." He kissed my temple and I giggled. "Time?" I asked "Whenever you wish to." He replied cheekily. "It's your house now, not a function where you need to reach at some perfect time. Go whenever you want, come whenever you want. But everything is with me." He gave flying kisses to my neck and his face in the crook of my neck. I know where this leads to. And led to it perfectly.

After a short make out session, we took some rest. "Ana... You know, from today, our actual lives are starting. Us no more as lovers but spouses. More responsibilities, more time to family, more attention both giving and taking, and also more threats. Though we know each other and all but then too now is the time where we'll get to know more of each other. Ana, I just want one promise from you. No matter what happens, if it's my mistake or anyone else's or anything that is bothering you, then you won't hesitate to tell me. Be mad at me if you want to be, but please don't kill me with the silent treatment." He stroked my hair meanwhile I replied.