Chapter 19

Anastasia's POV.

I went for a hot bath to freshen myself up and tried not to think about anything. I wanted to think that Aiden was just playing downstairs with Atlas and Alex. I didn't want to think about where I'm headed. I wanted to forget everything for just a short period of time, but as soon as I turned the handle off and shut the running water, everything came back to me.

Aiden is still not here and the only solution I can think of is to go to him. Surely, he'll help me... right?

I chose a white shirt and tucked in beige pants. A casual yet formal style for meeting one of the country's biggest businessmen. I left my wavy golden hair untied and only put minimal makeup to cover the dark circles that were hovering under my eyes. I didn't want to look like a mess in front of him, no, I'd hate that.

The door opened to Alex's weary face and when he laid eyes on me, he immediately eased and ran to me for a hug. He was dressed in a blue polo shirt and black jeans. Atlas soon entered the room, dressed the same as he tugged my pants.

"Where are you going mumma? Are you going to see Aiden?" he asked. Hearing Aiden's name was enough to tear me up, I missed him terribly and I could see that the two felt the same. I looked up, taking a deep breath to prevent the tears from falling.

If Aiden would be here then he'd be consoling his brothers and would not make me feel this vulnerable though I would from inside but I just wish for him to be here. I can't even dare to imagine anything bad happening to him...

I walked down with both of them beside me and Sophia walked near me. "I'm going to see someone who will help us find Aiden, okay? Will you be good here with aunt Sophia?" I asked and smiled. I saw Atlas pouting

"You will come back, right mumma?" he questioned with his big round same green eyes tearing up. My heart melted and broke at his words and I quickly pulled him in a hug

"Of course. Of course, baby. Mumma will never leave you. I will come back as soon as I can, okay?" reassured him, trying not to cry. He nodded, and held my hand tight.

I stood in front of the giant building that was all too familiar to me, but looking at it now, it seems like I don't recognize it at all. It's been years now. I took a deep breath, my heart thudding loudly against my chest. I felt scared, nervous, nostalgic and all other emotions swirled inside of me, but all I could do was hold my bag tightly and sigh.

Calm down Ana calm down. I chanted the whole time.

I almost felt sick and I wanted to run away from here, I promised myself never to come back anywhere near this place, anywhere near him. I promised myself that I'd never see him again, that I'd never come seeking his help. I promised myself that I could do this on my own, take care of my kids alone, yet here I was. I don't know why though. I was ready to leave and call a cab, but then I remembered Aiden's smiling face.

I know that only he could help me. Sure, the police might think that this is some normal kidnapping case, but there's so much more than just that. And Lori knows it more than me. I'm sure of it. Actually more than sure of it.

I gathered all the courage that I had and entered the giant glass doors which automatically slid open in my presence. I walked to the receptionist with loud heartbeats in my ears each time I took a step closer.

She smiled widely when she saw me approaching her, her teeth brightly shining through. "Hello, ma'am. What can I help you with today?" she asked in such a care-free way that it almost seemed like an insult to me who was a nervous wreck.

"I want to meet Mr- Mr. Lorenzo Giovanni." All the colour drained from her face. People are still scared of him it seems. "Do you have any appointment with him, ma'am?" She looked at her computer screen then back to my face. She apologised and replied. "I'm sorry ma'am. You have to book an appointment to meet Mr Giovanni because he is a big businessman and always busy you see." Appointment to meet him? Never felt so. I never needed any sort of appointment to meet him. Nor did it ever come to my mind.