Chapter 33

Lorenzo's POV

So we were correct. It was indeed Alexander and the team doing this crappy text message thing. Sir was done checking and even confirming it out, but before we could think about or discuss our plans, the doorbell rang, signalling that my parents are here. I'm scared and nervous. I don't know how to face them.

We walked down and saw the living room empty. I opened the door and they both walked in. "You're here too? How can you be with him after what he did!?" Mom practically screamed at sir.

"Let's sit first honey." Dad calmed her down and walked inside. Where the hell is Ana now!? "What is it? Why did you call us?" Mom was really mad at me. "First of all, I'd like you all to meet someone. Just a minute I'll bring her down." I smiled. "It's a girl? You shameless brat! Are you not satisfied with ruining Anastasia's life that you brought another girl with you! Ohh so you called us to introduce her to marriage or what!?" Mom screamed.

"Honey, calm down, will you. Atleast see who it is. Son, go and bring that girl." Dad handled her as I nodded at him. I walked in my room and saw Ana sleeping peacefully on the bed. I pecked her forehead and shook her a bit as she opened her crystal blue eyes. "Wake up love. Mom and dad are here." I smiled, tucking a lock of hair behind her ears. She smiled at me nodding peacefully. She walked towards the bathroom and washed her face.

I kissed her one last time and picked her up. "You know that mom and dad are down right? Don't pick me up, for lord's sake. I can walk. Don't do this. You may regret it Lori." She kept speaking. I kissed her shut and she dug her head in my shirt knowing that telling me anything was useless.

"Look who we have." I smiled as I showed off Ana to mom and dad who had wide eyes. I made Ana sit on the couch and sat beside her. "Anastasia! Child.. you.. here.." mom stumbled upon her words. "Lorenzo, please explain what exactly is going on. I'll go insane now." Dad whispered.

"That I will but I want a promise from you both." I started. "What kind of promise?" "A promise that you both won't interfere with whatever our mafia future holds. More like what we are going to do." I stated.

"That's a weird promise but just know that you have us whenever you want okay?" Dad asked as I smiled gratefully. "We promise." They said in unison and now everything is almost in my hands. Situation is calm. And mom is too. "Explain now will you!" Mom exclaimed.

I took a deep breath and looked at Ana who nodded at me with a look that said everything will be alright. "Son. Let me." Sir spoke. Thank you so so much sir. I know I should do it myself but his role is as equal as mine.

"You know... That my company was stolen and all... The day he decided to steal the company as they say but actually what he did was raise his shares to ninety nine and took money from my company and linked the bank account to his. At first I thought he cheated and stole the company. I tried to talk to him many times but back then Elizabeth was still sick and was in hospital. Not one day has passed when he would have left her alone. For the whole five days, one hundred twelve hours he was awake, completely awake sitting beside her, wanting and praying for any kind of improvement. After she died, he came to me to talk about what happened. He told me that half an hour ago he was stealing my company, he got to know that his uncle, your brother, who is his biggest enemy, was going to do it and he was totally going to make my company a hell. Lorenzo decided that instead of his uncle, he himself will do it. He made his men barge in my company and they hacked into the company servers and took out money from my account because he thought that it's better for money to be saved in the house itself rather than be destroyed by that beast. And honestly, the company is making more profit after he took it than ever. I get every penny of profit the company makes, each month. If it hadn't been him but his uncle then Tasia would be already dead right now. He never told anyone anything but when he told me this I was shook. Yes, even I was mad at him. Couldn't understand him. But when things started changing, I got to know him. You have misunderstood the boy and he also never tried to communicate because he was stuck in the office day and night. It was because of him that we're not on the road and that she is alive. After she went away, I saw him. How his life turned. You both weren't in contact with him because Tasia was also like a child to you as Lorenzo is, and what he did was absolutely wrong and even I understand that. If I were in your place then even I'd have done that. But I have seen him spend nights in his office searching for her. He had sleepless nights after busy days. He drowned himself so much in work you can't even believe. It felt like he had become a robot. He'd do everything, every research, tried each possible hack to find her but he couldn't. Later on after trying for more than three years to find her, he started saving her from other methods. He kept all his mafia gangs and enemies away. He even had a huge fight with one of our allies and now they went against us. Never once he tried to get back to him. No matter how big any materialistic things or companies or allies were, if it sounded dangerous to him, he'd cut ties. The only mistake he made was not communicating and the only mistake we, as parents, did was misunderstand the boy. He really doesn't know how to express but when did we try to talk to him? I just explained the truth that he promised me to never tell anyone but now water has gone above our heads. Things are getting back on track. We can live as a family together. Just give the boy a chance. What he did is something not even your own child does. He is my son-in-law yet he did that and took such a risk. He lost his wife but kept in contact with me. He would come to me in whatever situation he would be in. I have seen him cry for you all but he lacked the strength to talk. And now here his strength is sitting beside her, and he is trying to break this misunderstanding. He's totally a lost soul without her and so is she."