Chapter 16

Anastasia's POV

One week has passed. Everything is going well. We've finally shifted here completely, now he spends most of the time with me. Tatiana and Marco got the house to themselves. Lori usually keeps explaining to me about which department of the company is where. The company has several departments but the main one is cosmetics. And it is here, where he usually goes. Others are spreaded all over the world.

Right now I'm chilling on the couch in the living room and it's about lunch time. Gracey Nana is preparing me her yummy food while I was just randomly flipping on channels. The main door opened and Lori walked in. What is he doing here at this hour?

"You don't look happy after seeing me. What's it, my love?" He asked mockingly, frowning at him. I stood up and hugged him. I took his coat in my hand and pecked him as he smiled at me. "I was just surprised to see you home so early. Had lunch?" I asked as he shook his head. "Okay then we'll have it together. Wait here I'll be back." I made him sit where I was sitting a few minutes ago and walked in the kitchen. "Nana, Lori is here too. Prepare a little bit extra please. And uhh how long will it take?" I asked.

"Fifteen minutes dear. I'll add up a few ingredients to mix the whole thing together then you both can have your lunch in peace." She replied and I nodded. "Lori, let's get freshened up. She'll take a few minutes, until then get changed." I was practically dragging him up the stairs. "Why are you so happy and excited today Ana?" He asked as I loosened his tie. I didn't even notice how I was jumping like a monkey after he came home.

"Nothing." He suddenly grabbed me by my waist and turned me around making me face the mirror. There stood us, his face in the crook of my neck. "Then let me give you a reason." He smirked and until then I was already topless. "But lunch -" I was interrupted by his long smooching kiss. "No words, my love." He whispered and picked me up, bringing me to our bed.

After a quickie, we walked down and had lunch while teasing each other with flirty looks or actions. Nana noticed everything but kept quiet. She's always been like this. Cute. After having a delicious lunch, we walked in our room and I jumped straight on the bed for some sleep. He can really drain me out of energy.

He wrapped his arms around my waist from behind me. I could feel his bare torso behind me. Ever Since I saw his scars, I was genuinely careful for him. And I tried to make everything forget as much as possible. I've seen him torturing people but the gunshot last week was the first time I saw him killing anyone.

"Ana" he called out carefully. "Yes Lori." I asked as he put a lock of hair behind my ear and climbed up on me, putting weight on his arm. "Will you come at a ball with me today evening?" He asked as I turned towards him. He was merely centimetres away from me. "Of Course. I'll come. Is that even a question!" I gushed at the thought of going to ball. I've never went to one but I have seen it a lot on movies.

"Really? I was scared you'd deny..." He smiled brightly. "Why would I? Anyway, What time?" I asked. "Sharp at five... You know that's the reason for me coming home early. I was sorta scared that you wouldn't want to go out with a scarred beast like me." He sometimes still gets insecure about himself. He really needs to stop it.

"Lori, I've said you a million times. No matter what the world thinks about you. For me, you're my Lori only and I'll always love you. No matter what." I leaned up a bit and pecked him that soon turned into a melting kiss.

Soon it was time for us to go to the ball. I wore a black deep v-neckline gown with a golden choker. I walked out of the closet to see him with dark eyes. What is it by the way? "You can't wear this." He ordered huskily. "Why? This is very pretty. Look." I turned around and showed him. "It's too exposing." Ohh now I know.