Chapter 34

Anastasia's POV

~Three months later~

As usual I am alone right now, kids are in school and Lori is back in office. After meeting with mom, dad and father that day, life is all going simple. The American mafia team which was allied with Alexander has given up all to Alexander now so all the power now lies in his hand. I've not heard of Alexander anytime recently. Lori is also pretty cool and chill about it but he has his eyes and ears on everything, everywhere and everytime. Most of the time I spend my time in the library because I find both solace and peace there. After the library, the second most of my time when Lori isn't around is spent with Nana and sometimes even father drops by.

I had called Tats and Marco many times. But they said that there's some mafia thing they have to attend today so they won't come. Even when Lori left for the mafia thing I could see the fear in his eyes.

It was the first time I saw fear in the eyes of the mafia king. At one point even I'm scared and the way he hugged me totally shows how many different types of emotions were inside him at that time. I wonder where he is, is he safe or not, what is going on and all that sort of thing. I hope he's okay. I heard the bell ring and with a small smile on my face, I opened the door to see my three now big boys standing in front of me in their school uniform.

"Hello mumma!" They greeted me as I randomly ruffled their hair and they ran in. I sat with them on the couch as one by one they showed me what they did in school. All of them are good in different subjects so they sort of are teachers of each other. "Okay okay now I saw your work and all. But you know you're all stinking." I made a face as they laughed at me. "Quickly go into your rooms and get freshened up. Mumma will get your lunch ready." I smiled as they took their bags and ran up. They have grown up very well and mature. After Lori said about the insect named periods, they all feel like they have to take care of me. Which again makes me think that I'm late this month. Two weeks late.

I was warming up their food when I heard a loud door cracking knock on the main door. I quickly turned off the gas and ran to open the door. "Ana... Ana you're safe. Shit." I was brought in a tight hug by Lori. "Lori, what's wrong. Why-" he placed a finger on my lips. "He's here... He'll be here anytime. Go and hide somewhere. Ana please I can't lose you... Think about kids... Ana please... Ana go!" Lori exclaimed, begged and what not. So the day has come. He's here.

The whole gang was outside our house covering as many parts as possible. There'd be around thirty to forty people but I remember Lori having more than fifty men. "Ana what are you thinking, we are outnumbered and we can lose this. But I don't care. He just wants you and he won't harm me. Ana please go. I beg you. Ana go." And a gunshot was heard. "They're here..." I mumbled. "They indeed are..." He placed his forehead on mine and his grip loosened on my hand. "Ana I love you. No matter what." He whispered and pushed me towards the staircase because he wanted me to hide somewhere upstairs.

I was sitting in the very corner of my room when I heard a voice booming, "Anastasia Ivanov, if you don't come out right now, your husband will be dead." Done. This is too much. I have to go now. It has to be done sooner or later, I have to be gone sooner or later.

I ran in the boys room and saw that they were almost done. "Boys, gather here." I quickly told them and kneeled down. I heard Alexander's voice shouting for my name. "Listen to me carefully now okay. Today mumma is planning to do something very big and for that you all have to let me go. If you want your mumma alive then let mumma go. Mumma will be gone for sometime and daddy will be in tension because mumma is no more with him. So you have to be smart and help him everytime. Encourage him and tell him that mumma is always with him. And he has to find mumma for you boys. Promise me you'll be good and live a happy life?" I hurriedly explained.

"But what is it mumma? Why are you having tears in your eyes?" "When will we meet again?" I had no answer to their questions. All I can do is feel their presence right now. I hugged all three of them. "Mumma doesn't know that baby. But tell dad to find mumma and to fight for her okay? Now I have to go. Love you all. Have a good life boys. And I'm sorry." I whispered the last sentence and turned. "Is that what happened to me?" Aiden held my hand and asked. He knows it all... "It's a bit different this time. That was to threaten us but I'm willingly going for your safety baby." I answered truthfully as he almost cried. But his face showed no emotions. He whispered a last take care mumma and went inside the room.

"Alexander." I shouted his name as I walked down. "Why the hell are you here!" "What's wrong with you?" "Do you even know what you're doing!?" "He's going to kill you!" I ignored all the comments they made for me. I had to. To safeguard the life of my boys and Lori, I can do anything. Any damn thing.

"You want me right?" I asked Alexander as he nodded at me with a smirk on his face. "First leave him. Then take me away. No one will stop you. I promise." I answered and walked towards him. "Ana why?" Lori had tears. I have to control myself.

Don't cry And don't cry. I chanted this mantra till I stood in front of them.

"Together Lori. Don't forget your Ana is always with you. Stay the most where I used to be, you'll find a way. You will understand why. Take care of yourself and boys, live a happy life Lori. Love you." I whispered in his ear and kissed him goodbye, hopefully not the last. I turned my face in a manner that his eyes got a sight of my ear. Hopefully he understands what I mean.

"Let me go. No one will step ahead. I'm willingly going with him. Stay where you are." I announced and walked towards Alexander. I don't have a particular plan with me but I think that I can handle a torture of few days and even death if it's so. But deep down I feel that Lori will come. "Your wife is ready to come with me Lorenzo and you lost your army because of this!? Such a fool. Don't you dare come behind me or else she is a dead piece of meat." Alexander threatened.

"Frisk her." He grabbed my hand and threw me towards one of his women. "She's clear. Doesn't even have a phone. Great." The woman is absolutely foolish I have to say. She didn't even check me properly. I have hid a dagger in my boots. I've covered myself from top to bottom. Fully black and thick clothes. Maybe that's why she missed it.

"Get inside." She grabbed my hand and I took a last look at Lori. I shook my head asking him to not do anything that maybe we all regret. It's best for me to go and maybe end this fight forever. His men were still holding guns towards Lori and his team. They covered my eyes and hand as I sat in the car and slowly the car started. All I was thinking about right now is Lori and my boys. If I go then they'll be safe at least. I can't risk losing any of them from my life.

One hour is how long I feel it has been but now finally the car stopped. I heard the doors open and I was dragged out. The land was uneven and I can feel it very well, though I can't see. "Take her to the lower chamber. I'll be there." Alexander ordered someone to grab me. It was a man for sure. "Boss, should I bring your gun?" Someone asked from a distance.

"Not so soon, let her know how I have been tortured for years, then I'll kill her. Anyway her husband, the mafia king, won't even know about this place so we're not even afraid of getting caught." I could hear him from a distance. This is just what I wanted. Time. I just hope Lori finds out what I meant...