Final Rounds

That night Cora was glad to have something to eat and a rest. Her Pokémon deserved it from all their hard work getting to the conference. The gang had met up with Ash, Morrison and Tyson. Brock had made dinner for them all. Morrison and Tyson definitely liked Brock's cooking.

"Hey Brock, are there any battles tomorrow?" May asked.

"Actually, no." Brock answered.

"What? Why?" Ash questioned.

"Tomorrow is a day off. It's for trainers who can rest up for the final rounds." Brock explained.

"Well by now there are 32 trainers left in the tournament." Alain stated.

"I least I will have more time to think on what six Pokémon I should use for my first final battle," Cora commented, "I've been through full six on six battles before, and I do understand how difficult it is to choose what Pokémon to use."

"Well I think I know which Pokémon I'm going to use." Morrison said.

"What about you, Tyson?" May asked.

"I have a pretty good idea as well." Tyson replied.

"Well I'll surprise you guys tomorrow." Cora decided.

So all the next day was resting and planning for Tyson, Morrison and Cora before the start of the final battles.

========

The day after the resting day was the start of the final battle rounds; it was now the Top 32 rounds. Cora was up first and she was against a girl named Katie from Lilycove City, and Tyson, Ash and Morrison watched in the stands with the others. The final rounds were held in the main stadium and the trainers battled on four different stages. That meant they would battle either on a water field, rock field, grass field or ice field, and the fields would change after three of either trainer's Pokémon had been defeated first. Cora and Katie's battlefield had been chosen to rock field first.

Katie sent out a Venomoth first and Cora sent out Enya (Shiny Blaziken).

As soon as the referee declared the match to begin, Katie started off by telling her Venomoth to use Stun Spore to paralyze Hestia.

"Stop that Stun Spore with Flamethrower, Enya!" Enya's Flamethrower stopped the Stun Spore before it could cover her.

Just then Katie returned her Venomoth; the trainers were allowed to substitute Pokémon during the battles in this league. Katie then sent out her Golduck to battle next. This was clear to Cora that Katie would probably keep switching out her Pokémon because of type disadvantage.

Cora returned Enya and sent out Twilight (Absol) next.

==========

"Why didn't Cora send out any of her electric types to battle Golduck?" May asked.

"That's because she figured out that Katie may substitute Pokémon again if she did send out Tazer." Alain pointed out, "Cora has been through something like this before and you should always think really clearly on what Pokémon to use." 

{A/N: Tazer (Shiny Manectric)}

"You're right about that Alain," Tyson agreed, "after all you can never tell what Pokémon your opponent with use until you see it yourself."

=========

"Golduck, use Fury Swipes!" Golduck's fingers glowed white and ran towards Twilight.

"Twilight, dodge and use Thunderbolt!" Twilight dodged Golduck's fury swipes and then shocked it with thunderbolt. Katie was surprised by that.

"I'll have you know Katie that my Absol knows quite a lot of moves." Cora commented.