The Masked Coordinator

Soon after defeating the Lavaridge gym leader, Cora decided that she wanted to find a Torkoal. Alain was also interested in finding one as well. They got their chance when the gang arrived at the place called the Valley of Steel. It was a valley where many steel type Pokémon lived and two lost wild Torkoal were roaming about. Cora and Alain saved the two Torkoals from some Magneton. Cora caught the female one which she named 'Shula' and Alain caught the male Torkoal.

{A/N: Don't worry, Ash catches a Torkoal as well}

Sometime after that the gang came across a swarm of Spinda. Spinda were normal type Pokémon, and their eyes were spiral shaped. Mairin liked the Spinda and caught one.

====================

The gang finally arrived in Verdanturf Town where Cora and May can compete in the Pokémon contest. The two girls immediately went to the Pokémon Center to sign up. When they got there, they were surprised to see Drew there with Nurse Joy and her Chansey.

"Hey there, Drew!" May called out.

Drew turned to her at the sound of her voice.

"Oh, hey May." Drew greeted, solemnly.

"Drew, is something wrong?" May asked.

"I won't be able to enter the contest." Drew replied.

"What? Are your Pokémon all right?" May questioned, worried.

Then she noticed Drew's injured Roselia in Nurse Joy's arms.

"What happened to Roselia, Drew?" Alain asked.

"We went against this masked coordinator who called himself Phantom and Roselia got hurt badly by the Phantom's Dusclops." Drew answered, "I never thought his Dusclops would be so powerful."

"I'm sorry that you can't compete, Drew. But I hope you get to compete in the next one." May assured him.

"Thanks, May." Drew said, slightly smiled.

"Cora and I will be waiting." May smiled.

"Just make sure that you two be careful of him." Drew requested.

"We will." Cora promised.

Then Drew left the Pokémon Center.

=================

Soon the girls finished signing up for the Contest. They were both excited. Cora wanted to have Glitz (Glitzeon) and Axar (Spireon) for the contest. May decided that Skitty and Illumise would be in the contest which the two were also excited about.

So both girls were practicing with their Pokémon when suddenly a gale of wind stopped the gang in their tracks. Then somebody, wearing a suit, top hat, cape and gray mask appeared.

"You must be the Phantom." Cora stated.

"That's right," The Phantom confirmed, "and my purpose is Pokémon battling!"

"If you want a battle, I will give you a battle." Cora volunteered.

"Very well then, I accept your challenge." Phantom said and released his Ghost type, "Go Dusclops!"

"Dusclops!" Dusclops appeared in front of Phantom.

"Kilala, let's go!" Cora called out her shiny Sun Pokémon.

"Espeon!" Kilala jumped in front of Cora.

"Dusclops, use Shadow Punch!" Two black shadowy fists came out of Dusclops' hands.

"Kilala, Protect!" Kilala projected a green colored barrier around herself, Dusclops' punches were bouncing off the barrier.

The Phantom was about to call out another attack, but then the sound of a car was heading their way. The Phantom returned Dusclops and started to run away.