A Big Wave in Fighting

After meeting up with Ash and his friends, Cora and her friends are now heading towards the Dewford Gym. Cora was excited about this gym battle. She couldn't wait to see May and Max's reaction when they meet Mavis (Mew).

"Please tell us who you're using for the Dewford gym, Cora, Ash!" Max pleaded, walking backwards in front of Cora and Ash.

"Sorry, Max. You'll have to wait until we get there." Cora apologized.

"Oh man." Max groaned.

At that moment, he bumped into someone which made him stop.

"Oh, sorry kid. Didn't see you there." A male voice apologized.

The gang turned to the voice and saw a large, muscular man. He has fair skin, brown eyes, and short brown hair, along with a large, spiky mustache. He was shirtless and didn't wear any shoes. Cora blinked twice before she finally recognized this man. It was Chuck the Cianwood Gym Leader!

"Don't worry about it. I wasn't looking where I was going." Max rubbed the back of his head sheepishly.

"You certainly weren't." May retorted.

"Chuck?!" Brock exclaimed, surprised.

"Oh, Cora, Alain, Mairin, Ash and Brock! Good to see you all." Chuck greeted him.

"Hi Chuck!" Mairin greeted him.

"Do you know this guy?" May asked.

"Yes, Chuck is the Cianwood City Gym leader in the Johto Region." Brock replied.

"Cool!" Max beamed.

"So what are you doing here, Chuck?" Alain asked.

Chuck chuckled, "Well I'm here to see a former student of mine." He answered.

"Who is he?" Mairin asked.

"Brawly, the gym leader of the Dewford Gym." Chuck replied.

"Wow." The gang was in awe.

"I thought I'd come here and see how he trains his Pokémon." Chuck explained.

"Well I'm here to challenge him to a gym battle." Cora stated.

"Me too." Ash added.

"Then I'll get to see how he does in battle as well if you two are challenging him." Chuck said.

"So shouldn't we be on our way to the Dewford gym?" Mairin reminded them.

"Oh yeah!" May remembered.

"Then we better get going." Chuck suggested.

=================

They soon arrived at the Dewford gym.

"Finally, the Dewford Gym." Cora said.

"This is where you'll get your third gym badge." Mairin beamed.

At that moment, Cora sensed a bunch of auras inside rushing towards the door. Cora moves to the side along with Alain, Mairin and Chuck who grabbed May and Max. The Gym doors flew open, causing Ash and Brock to yelp before girls with surfboards flooded out and trampled over them. The others winced at Ash and Brock's pain.

"Well that's gotta hurt." Max commented.

May nodded, "Yeah."

"Espe." Kilala said.

"Chespin." Chespie agreed.

They all helped get Ash and Brock back onto their feet.

"Hey, dudes. Probably not the best place for you to be taking a nap, you know?" A young man asked near the door.