Mauville Gym

After winning her third contest ribbon, Cora and her friends have now arrived at the entrance to the Mauville Gym. Cora was excited for her upcoming match.

"This is a big gym." Mairin commented.

"I'll say." Max agreed.

"Somehow it reminds me of Lt. Surge's gym. Only bigger and more cheerful." Brock added.

"Who's Lt. Surge?" May asked.

"He's the Kanto Gym leader of Vermilion City who specializes in electric type Pokémon." Cora replied.

"Well then, we better go in." Alain said.

Cora knocked on the door, but then it fell down on the floor and it became a platform.

"What on earth?" Ash asked.

When the gang stepped onto the platform, it started to move by itself.

"Is this how they welcome trainers into the gym?" May asked.

They were starting to go down a long hallway with doors sliding open on their own.

Max chuckled, "I feel like I'm on a ride at a amusement park." He commented. The platform went slowly up a hill.

"Well I'm not very amused." May admitted, worriedly.

"Just like a rollercoaster!" Brock stated before the platform went down fast like a roller coaster.

"I don't like this!" May shouted, while she and the others were hanging on tight while passing through a river of water. Alain held Cora's waist as Mairin held onto his legs. Cora held onto Kilala as Chespie and Jevin held on tight to Mairin's shoulders.

=========================

Soon enough, they were in another hallway, much to the gang's relief.

"Well this is no way for a gym leader to welcome its guests!" May stated, angrily.

"You're right. Seems like a strange way to say 'hello'." Brock agreed.

"I fully agree with you two." Mairin agreed.

"Chespin." Chespie added.

"Ah, come on guys. I think it's fun." Max said.

"To you, Max." May and Mairin retorted.

======================

After all the speeding and turning stopped, the gang got a surprise; a Raikou was standing in the way.

"A Raikou!" Ash and Max gasped.

Cora narrowed her eyes at the Raikou, "No it's not. It's a robot."

"Thor, Iron Tail!" Cora released her shiny Thunder Pokémon.

Thor the shiny Raikou roared as he appeared. Then his tail glowed a metallic color and he slashed his tail on the Raikou which cut it in half and made it explode.

Cora walked over to Thor and started petting his head, "Thanks, Thor."

Thor smiled as he enjoyed her touch.

"Wow, Cora. You have a shiny Raikou as well." Max beamed.

Cora nodded, "Yes. His name is Thor."

Thor grunted at the mention of his name.

"Quite a powerful name for a powerful Pokémon." A male voice stated.

Everyone turned towards the voice and saw a short, chubby old man with white hair that stands up and has a white beard. He was wearing a yellow jumpsuit, with pockets on his hips along with a brown shirt, with a thunder logo on his sleeves, and wore black shoes. Cora recognized him as Wattson, the Mauville Gym leader. The person who stood beside him was his assistant, Watt, who wasn't looking too happy about the situation they were in.