PokéRinger Contest

One day it seemed to be one of those normal days and the gang was taking a break somewhere out in the open. Cora was busy dealing with her shiny Bagon, Cadmus. Apparently, Cadmus had been battling a lot recently at Prof Oak's lab because of his eagerness to evolve. 

"Cadmus, I understand that you to wish to evolve, but you can't just keep on battling all the Pokémon at Prof Oak's lab. You'll upset all the Pokémon who live there, and you'll give Prof. Oak and Tracey a lot of trouble." Cora explained.

"Bagon, bag bagon bag (I'm sorry, but I just want to evolve)." Cadmus apologized.

"What are you going to do, Cora?" Mairin asked, who had been watching.

"Well I'm going to keep Cadmus with me for today and train him, and then I'll send him back to the lab tomorrow," Cora replied, "This way I can give Prof Oak and Tracey a day off from dealing with him."

Suddenly a Swablu flew towards the ground in front of Cora and Mairin, holding a pink hoop in its beak.

"Where did this Swablu come from?" Mairin asked.

"Sorry that Swablu is mine." said a voice.

The voice belonged to a blue haired boy. "Sorry, Swablu and I were training for the Pokéringer today."

"Pokéringer?" May asked.

The boy introduced himself as Shane and explained about the Pokéringer. The Pokéringer was a competition, for Pokémon that can fly, held once a year in Crossgate Town.

"What happens is that a small hot air balloon rises into the sky while holding a hoop ring and your Pokémon has to grab the ring before the others and send it to the target and then you win." Shane explained.

"This Pokéringer sounds fun to me." Cora stated.

"And me." Mairin added.

"The Pokéringer is held in Crossgate Town, where I live," Shane said, "Follow me and I'll show you the way."

====================

Crossgate Town was a town somewhere up in the hills and it was said to be known for having strong winds.

"So Shane, what happens if you win the Pokéringer?" Cora asked.

"If you win you become an honorary citizen of Crossgate Town," Shane replied, "and that's why people from other towns and cities want to participate here so they could become honorary citizens of the town."

"So even though you live in Crossgate Town, you wish to become an honorary citizen of your town?" Mairin questioned.

"Oh yes and this is my first time entering the Pokéringer." Shane answered.

"Is there still time to sign up Shane?" Cora asked.

"Yes there is," Shane replied, "Do you want to enter too, Cora?"

"Yes, I think this competition will do great for Percy." Cora replied.

"I wish to enter too with Choko." Mairin said.

"Okay come with me, I'll take you to the registration desk." Shane said, and the gang followed him.

{A/N: Choko is Mairin's Beautifly}

===================

That afternoon it was time for the Pokéringer competition. Everyone was excited and all the participants were ready with their Pokémon. It showed on a big TV screen that Shane and Mairin were facing each other in block A, Cora was in block B and James (from Team Rocket) was in Block C. Cora noticed that James was dressed in normal clothing, instead of his Team Rocket outfit.