Rubello Contest

Today the gang made it to Rubello Town. Cora and May were practicing for the Pokémon contest in two days. May decided to use her Volbeat and Bulbasaur while Cora decided to use Kilala (Shiny/Unique Espeon) and Gemini (Sableye). Apparently, Gemini wanted to give a try at doing a Pokémon contest.

Cora was practicing with Kilala and Gemini in an open area and Alain and Mairin were watching with Chespie (Chespin).

"What are you going to do with Gemini, Cora?" Mairin asked.

"Well Gemini is a ghost type Pokémon, and he also knows a lot of moves so we need to think of how to make look Gemini impressive." Cora replied.

"Question is how though?" Alain added.

"Do you need any help?" A female voice said.

The voice belonged to a woman with a little girl beside her.

"Who are you?" Alain asked.

Cora recognized the woman as named Savannah and the girl beside her was her daughter, Sandra.

"I can't believe we are talking to Cora Joy, mum." Sandra beamed happily.

Savannah explained that she and her daughter had watched her in contests.

"I enter Pokémon contests too," Savanah said, "to tell you the truth I'll be entering the contest tomorrow as well."

"So you'll be another contest rival for me then tomorrow." Cora confirmed.

"You got any ribbons yet?" Mairin asked.

Savannah showed Cora a red contest ribbon, with pink-red outlines, "It's the only one I've got, so if I win the contest tomorrow it will be my second ribbon." she said.

"But you will have to defeat me first." Cora smiled.

Savannah asked Cora again if she could help her with Gemini and Cora accepted, so Savannah and Cora practiced together.

===============

Late afternoon, Cora and Savanah had finished their practicing and they along with Alain, Mairin and Sandra went to the Pokémon center to rest their Pokémon.

"There you are Cora," May spotted Cora and the Sycamore siblings, "Where had you, Alain and Mairin been all this time?"

Cora introduced Savannah and Sandra to Ash, Brock, May and Max.

"Savannah will be entering the contest tomorrow too May, so you and I have a rival to deal with." Cora said.

"She's not the only rival of ours that's here. Drew's competing in the contest too." May pointed out.

"Then we better be on our guard tomorrow then, May." Cora suggested.

=================

Next day it was time for the Pokémon contest. Vivian did the normal speech and introductions and then she showed off the Rubello Ribbon. The Rubello Ribbon was purple with light purple outlines. Cora, May, Savannah and Drew were waiting in the waiting room, while Brock, Ash, Alain and Mairin were in the seats with Sandra. Savannah was feeling nervous and jittery, while Cora and May were feeling calm.

"Don't worry about a thing Savanah," May assured her, calmly, "just go and have fun in the contest."

"Strange for you to say that, May," Cora teased, "especially since you were worse than Savanah is before."

May went red in the face, "Yeah well I'm not nervous this time!" she argued back.

Drew just sitting calmly in the waiting room.