Jirachi: Wish Maker

One night Cora and her friends had come to an area, where a carnival called the Millennium Festival was going to be held. They had also met up with Ash and his friends. The millennium carnival was an event to celebrate the Millennium comet, which was tomorrow night. But the carnival was nowhere in sight.

"This is the right area, but it seems that the carnival isn't here yet." Brock informed.

Since it was already very late, the gang decided to have some dinner and get some sleep and look for the carnival in the morning. The gang were excited about both the Millennium Comet and the Millennium Festival. But Cora knew of the disaster and the heartbreak that is to come. She didn't know how to prevent it from happening.

=========================

While it was still the middle of the night, the gang got woken up by the sound of lorries. The carnival crew had finally shown up and they began to put the carnival together. Cora and the gang watched as all of the rides for the carnival were being put into place. There were bumper cars, a big Ferris wheel, a merry go round, a roller coaster and some other rides. There were even stalls that were to sell candy, toys and other things being set up.

Just then one last lorry and a caravan turned up. A purple haired man came out of the lorry and a blond-haired woman came out of the caravan. Cora recognized the purple haired man as Butler the magician and the blonde-haired woman as Diane, his assistant. Butler magically made a long stick appear from his hand and then made big balloons appear out of a trunk. Diane helped him place the big balloons into place with two fans. When the balloons were placed into a circle they popped, revealing some wooden boxes, and then like magic a big tent was created. The gang was fascinated by that, and it made them more excited for the carnival to open.

======================

Next day it was the first day of the millennium festival, and also the first day that the comet would appear tonight. The gang spent the day riding on the carnival rides, eating food and other things. May picks up a flyer that announced, 'The Great Butler'.

"Hm? The great Butler huh?" May said garnering Max's attention.

"Hey isn't that the magician we saw last night?" Max asked.

"It looks to be." Brock replied.

"Hm I guess he is." Alain said once he got a good look at the flyer.

"Do you two want to watch his show?" Cora asked Max and Mairin who eagerly nodded.

"Well then, let's go." Brock decided.

=========================

Soon, the gang is watching the show and it's turning out to be even better than expected. Butler placed his white hat on the empty table. After creating a flock of Swablu out of thin air he then slaps the hat with his stick, and when he takes off the hat, a Kirlia suddenly appears! Butler then calls on his Mightyena for another trick. Butler seals back Kirlia and puts a red cloth over it, then burns it off. Out of the smoke comes Butler's assistant, carrying a crystal.

"Impressive." Alain commented.

"Yeah, all his acts seem flawless." Cora agreed.

Diane lifted the crystal cocoon up to the lights and the lights reflected off the crystal cocoon and lights shone on the whole audience.

At that moment, Cora felt a foreign energy source from the crystal and from the look on his face, so did Max.

"(Wish....the star.)" a mysterious voice said to Max.