CHAPTER 60

"I..I used to be in a relationship with Ryan, he's my ex." 

I just looked at her and didn't say anything. She said, "That's what I wanted to tell you earlier." I looked away and asked, "How long have you and Ryan been in a relationship?"

She wiped her tears and said, "Three years." She looked down. I asked, "Why did you two break up?" She looked up at me and said, "My parents also planned to get me married to someone else, so I had no choice but to break up with Ryan."

I just looked at her and said, "And when the arranged marriage didn't work out, I tried to get back with Ryan, but when I tried to get back together, he didn't want to." I didn't say anything; "after that, he stayed away from me."

I said, "So when Ryan didn't want to get back together, you went on a date with me...so you could get close to him again?" She didn't say anything, and she just looked at me. I asked, "You just used me so you could get close to him again?"

She didn't answer my question; that's why I frowned even more. I asked, "You just used me?" She said, "No, I loved you." I said, "But you loved him more." 

She was speechless, I said "When we were in a relationship, you still loved him more." She looked down again and said "I'm so sorry."  I asked "So ito yun? Ito yung sinasabi mo na hindi mo pa kayang sabihin sakin?" 

She nodded, and I turned my back on her. She said, "And "when your dad came to see me, he told me and ordered me to make you believe that we are still together and that I didn't break up with you. Because if I didn't obey him, he threatened me that he would tell you the truth—the truth about my relationship with Ryan."

I didn't look at her and just walked away from her. Someone called me "AA!" Even though I hadn't been completely away from Kayla, I was stopped when someone called me.

I turned in that direction and saw that it was Ryan. When he approached me, I said, "What?" He looked down and said, "I'm sorry." I asked, "Why didn't you tell me? Why didn't you tell me that Kayla was your ex?"

He said, "When you introduced Kayla as your girlfriend, I saw that you were happy with her, so I didn't tell you the truth." I said, "Is that why you kept it a secret? That you and Kayla used to have a relationship?"

Ryan said, "I was just trying to be a good friend to you." I said, "Really? You're just trying to be a good friend to me? You tried to be a good friend to me by hiding and not telling me the truth about you having a relationship with Kayla?" Ryan didn't say a word. I asked, "Do you think that's what a good friend does?"

Ryan got a little teary and so did I, I said "Don't I deserve to know the truth that's why you hid that from me?" Ryan said "You do deserve to know the truth." I said "Kung ganun, bakit hindi niyo sinabi sakin agad?"

Ryan said, "I... don't know how I would tell you the truth." I just kept looking and frowning at him. "I remembered, I remembered when your dad came to see me. He told me to make you believe that I took you to your house when you came from the nightclub. When I didn't agree, he threatened me that he would tell you the truth about Kayla and I's relationship."

I turned and saw that Kayla was still there, looking down and just listening to us. I looked back at Ryan when she continued to speak.

Ryan continued, "When I still didn't agree to follow what he wanted, I noticed that he was with an old man, and after a while I lost consciousness. It's like your dad hypnotized me; that's why I just followed his orders, and I told you that I was the one who brought you home when you were drunk at a nightclub the night you left Aunt Selene's party." So Ryan also got hypnotized by dad and Mang ToTo.