CHAPTER 48

I immediately entered the class and sat in my seat. While reading a book, someone approached me. I looked at the person approaching me, and when I turned around, it was my classmate. "AA, someone is calling you."

I asked, "Who is it?" He pointed in the direction, and I looked at what he was pointing at and said, "Ayun, oh, it's Gab." When I looked at Gab, he waved at me. I avoided looking at him and said, "I don't know that guy."

After a while, my classmate suddenly got confused, he whispered "hindi ba magkaibigan silanga dalawa?" After that, he left my side and while I was looking at my book, I noticed that someone approached me. He dropped the book I was reading, and when I lowered my book I saw that Gab was staring at me evilly. 

I asked "what?" Sabi ni Gab "Bakit hindi ka lumapit sakin? I was calling your name!" 

I said "I know you're calling my name." He asked " Oh eh bakit hindi ka nga lumapit?" I said "Because I also know that you will only bother me." 

He said, "Don't worry, I won't do that now. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow." I frowned at him. He said, "I came here to say thank you; here's your coffee." He placed a coffee on the table. "Sam made that; I asked a favor of Sam to make it for you."

I said, "I thought you were the one who was thanking me. You should have made the coffee, not Sam." He said, "Look, I just thought of giving that to you suddenly, so it's only last minute, so just accept it." I looked at the coffee and asked "where's Ryan's? Thank him too, tumakas pa yun para bilhan at puntahan ka."

He said, "I already gave it to him; he also frowned at me when I thanked him." After a while, he looked at his watch and said, "So I have to go back and drink that coffee." I just nodded, and after that, he finally left.

After some time, it was our break time, and while sitting in the seats, I just watched Sam. I see that she smiles at every joke and story Gab tells. I'm happy when I see that she's smiling and doesn't worry too much about her problems.

I don't know why I feel happy every time I see her. When he looked at me and smiled at me, my heart suddenly started beating faster. While I was looking at her, I was thinking, "What exactly should I do to help you?"

When the break time was over, I was supposed to go back to class but I stopped walking when suddenly someone called me "AA!"  When I turned to the person who called me, I saw that Sam was approaching me, I asked "Why? Is there a problem?" She said "ah wala, tatanong ko lang sana kung nagustuhan mo yung kape na pinagawa sakin ni Gab. Hindi ko alam na para sayo at kay Ryan pala yun, pasensiya kana ah, biglaan kasi akong sinabihan ni Gab eh. Kaya yung gusto lang ni Gab ang natimpla ko." 

I smiled and I said "No it's okay, the coffee blend is perfect, I liked it." Sam said "Hayst! Mabuti naman at nagustuhan mo, kanina pa kasi ako nag-alala akala ko hindi mo magugustuhan." Nginitian niya ako matapos niya sabihin yun, "oh sige, balik kana sa klase mo ah, byee." 

Matapos niya magpaalam ay naglakad na siya papalayo, at ako naman ay napailang at napangiti nalang sa kanya. Makalipas ang ilang oras ay natapos din ang klase.

As I got out of the gate, a car drove by and stopped in front of me. I frowned as the window rolled down. "Hi son!" I said. "Dad? What are you doing here?" He said. "I came here to pick you up." I said, "I have a car; I can drive myself home."

He said, "I know you have a car, but I'll still pick you up. I'm here to pick you up, not to go home. I'm picking you up because we're going somewhere else."

I just remained silent and frowned at him; he said, "Please, come with me; it's important."

I sighed and just followed him. I got into the car and remained silent. When we got there, we parked, and dad made me wear a dark brown formal coat. I asked, "What is this for?" He said, "Just wear it."