7

^^Tadgh

Tadgh was out with his scholar friends, but forgot something at home. He had sent a small boy to request an item. So here I was, gathering scrolls and books to deliver to my husband. I smiled and made my way to the pub.

"That's what I'm saying." Tadgh passionately explained. "If you use the compass here and move at a longitudinal angle of 13 degrees then you will- Lena!" He grinned and greeted me. "Thank you." He took the items from my hands. "Here, drink something." He guided me to the table.

"Tadgh's woman is here." One of them snorted.

"Yes, my darling Lena is here." He kissed my cheek.

"What are you working on?"

"Construction of a dam." Tadgh turned the papyrus so I could properly observe the sketch. "What do you think? See any flaws in the design?" He awaited my verdict.

"Tadgh, why waste your time on her? She's a woman? They don't know anything about dams." One of the men stated.

"Perhaps, you should've asked her how to properly clean a house." One quipped, making them laugh.

"Don't embarrass her and her brainpower."

I became irritated and went to leave, but Tadgh's grip held me in place. He narrowed his eyes at all of them before speaking.

"Lena is the most intelligent person I know. She's smart, loyal, resourceful, tactical, beautiful, honest, funny, and so much more. Her brainpower is more than any of you prats could ever understand. She puts the most brilliant man to shame. I always go to her because her intelligence is outmatched. I could never compete with her, yet you all regard me with such dignity and respect." He shook his head.

"Tadgh-"

"I have not finished. Lena is the smartest vampire I have ever met. And I said vampire, not woman. There are many capable and smart women out there, but you all are too insecure to give them the same opportunities. And I know why you shun women. It's because you know if they were given the same opportunities, then most would put you to shame. It's insecurity and ego that drives your misogyny. I weep for the brain cells that were lost today. You all had such great potential."

Tadgh then walked over to a neighboring table. He grabbed a flame and then tossed it on the table. The scholars screamed as the drawings were burnt to ash.

"And that impressive drawing you all gawked at.. the work of this rare gem." Tadgh smiled. "And I'm lucky to be called her mate."

Tadgh then said it was time we leave. I felt a little awkward since those were his friends and he basically told them to kiss his ass.

"Tadgh, was that okay? I don't want you losing people because of me."

"How does one know a true friend, kitten?" He stopped and held my hands. "It's being able to correct and check the other's behavior. I called them out on their views. We are to be enlightened, not stuck in olden ways. We are seekers of truth and knowledge not archaic laws. We must be better if we are to make life lasting improvements. I do not regret standing up for the brightest light in my life."

"Tadgh-"

"I love you."