Part 3

The next day, Emma and I were working in the common space. It was slightly loud, but my training allowed me to tune out sounds when needed. I guess Emma is the type to thrive in loud scenarios because she was working with ease. Emma would occasionally ask questions and if her thinking was logical or not. I'd give her my best assumption and would sometimes purposely say incorrect things. Emma would try it and then we'd both groan before looking it up. She commented on going to the TA later to get some help.

Emma stuck her tongue between her lips as she worked on a stubborn code. I took my time to properly assess her. She used her hand to move her hair to one side and have it cascade over her shoulder. Her green eyes were focused on the screen and her cute button nose- she then lifted her eyes to me, so I continued to blankly look at her.

"Huh?" She asked and then looked over her shoulder. That's exactly what I wanted her to think. "What are you looking at?"

"This guy was trying to jump on different chairs and slipped. He got up embarrassed walked it off." I smoothly lied.

"I wish I saw that." She smiled as she faced me. "So where in the UK are you from?"

"London, England... love." I winked. "What I don't understand is the American obsession with mimicking our accents? If you love them so much, why seek independence?" I joked.

"Because the tea tax was too high, but we don't really even drink it any more." Emma gave me a half smile. "How's your American accent?"

I thought for a moment and intently stared at her. I then mimicked the most valley girl voice I could muster. Emma brought her hand up to cover her laugh. I then started talking about getting designer stuff and saying like after every other word.

"Are you trying to imitate me because I don't sound like that?" I gave her a look, making her playfully shove my shoulder. "Okay, so umm... hello, love-" She couldn't finish because I began dying from laughter. "It wasn't that bad!"

I smiled as Emma struggled to hold in her laugh. She looked down, causing her hair to fall to the side. I started snickering, so she looked up and bit her lip as she rolled her eyes. The moment she did that, I froze. Emma immediately noticed and inquired what happened. I made up an excuse about forgetting to call my mom. Emma just nodded as I excused myself and fake dialed. I then walked away while talking to no one on the phone.

I made sure I was a great distance from the common place to begin freaking out. I made myself get lost in the cactus gardens. I found a bench and sat down while burying my head in my hands. I gripped my hair and struggled to hold back the tears. I looked up and felt the tears rolling down my face.

I know who the hacker/ Crimson assassin is. It's Kaia, otherwise known as Emma. She's using a fake identity to be undercover and... I never thought I'd see her ever again! I covered my mouth and squeezed my eyes shut to stop the tears. How can this be? Why's she here and why?! Why? I can't- omg! She's... she's alive and... wow. Oh, Kaia. Kaia!

I went to my dorm room and collapsed on the bed. I covered my face with my hands and groaned. I reached inside my shirt and gripped the wooden bar pendant. The tears kept coming as I thought about Kaia, my Kaia. The same Kaia that would... she should hate me after everything. I hate me too and...

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I was extremely exhausted, so sleep came easy. I awoke to knocking on my window. It confused me since I was 4 stories up. I rolled off my bed and opened the blinds to see a bloody Ollie. I gasped and swiftly opened the door to pull him inside before he blacked out. I dragged him to my bed and searched for the first aid kit.

I gritted my teeth and cleaned his deep cuts. Damn, he was slashed multiple times and it looks like he was lucky to get away. I placed a bandage around his neck and sat on the ground. I glanced at the clock to see it was 4am. So he got attacked around 3 something ish. I hugged my knees as my mind drifted to Kaia. My beautiful Kaia.