Part 3

Robbie had left for classes and Danny doesn't come in on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so I had the shop to myself. I was organizing the records while eating a street taco. Those guys in the food truck make the best tacos ever! I was eating my taco when I heard the door chime. I looked to see the customer in an oversized hoodie, with the hoodie pulled over their head, and sunglasses. The person seemed drawn to a specific section of the store, so I allowed them the solitude. Plus, the taco was really good.

I was on my last bite when the contents from the taco fell. I pouted and made a whimpering noise, causing the person to laugh. I looked up since I recognized the laugh. Kenna took off her sunglasses and hood while snickering. I immediately blushed because that was embarrassing.

"Didn't know you worked here." She commented.

"Everyday actually. I work here all day on Tuesdays and Thursdays." I picked up the record.

"The Bee Gees?" I arched a brow at her.

"What's wrong with The Bee Gees?" She smirked.

"Nothing." I quickly responded. "Just didn't get the vibe that you were into 60/70s music."

"You got me." She held her hands up. "It's for my mom. She's been trying to get the Life in a Tin Can album since forever. I looked it up and your store is the only one that has it, so good on you."

"What music are you into?" I pondered as I rang her up.

"Umm... it's weird. I listen to things that I don't typically create." She chuckled. "Like R&B and rap and soul... oooh! I love soul music so much. Aretha Franklin, may you rest in peace." She held her hands in a praying manner. "Also, indie and EDM."

"If you had to pick a favorite..."

"Oh that's so hard!" She groaned and looked down. "Are you gonna finish your chips and guac?" Instead of responding, I pushed it toward her. She happily munched away while thinking. "Soul because it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside." She smiled.

"Let's find you a nice soul album then."

I led her to the selection. Kenna watched in interest as I explained the different albums and eras to her. She smiled and nodded along. She'd occasionally add a detail that I didn't know. I was impressed by her knowledge, but then again, she was in the music industry. I thought about going the standard way and showing her Etta James, but I digressed to Eryka Badu.

"Can't go wrong with this one." I handed it to her.

"You're right! I love this album! It's my favorite from her." Her eyes sparked as she stared at the record. "I'll buy this for decoration." Her comment confused me.

"You wouldn't play it?"

"I don't have a record player and have no idea how to use one." I facepalmed as she laughed.

"Let me teach you." I took her wrist and dragged her to the record player. "This is how you use one." I stopped the current song and placed the new record on it. I then hit play and we smiled as Eryka's voice floated through the shop.

"Do you have a record player at home?"

"No, I can't afford one." I laughed. "I just know it from the shop."

"Would you like one?" Kenna leaned against a shelf.

"I mean of course I would." I laughed.

Kenna smiled and began talking to me about random things. She wanted to play 20 questions with me and then another round and another. We continued talking even after the album finished. The two of us were speaking when I changed the record to Rihanna's Anti.